PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

CurtisZZZ is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2 part question on a Bluetooth Keyboard

I used to use the Stowaway (IGo) BT Keyboard with my I760 and loved being able to get some serious typing done when I needed to. Alas that keyboard seems not to work on my Verizon TP2, so I orders the Freedom Pro Bluetooth Keyboard. When it got here I was having some very similar problems with it. The phone sees the keyboard and if I'm on a blank page I can type charachters on it, but none of the other keys seems to work. That, on top of the fact that my Plantronic Voyager 855 and Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 Headsets are both messing up huge. They start and stop and don't seem to want to keep a solid connection.

Questions???

What up widdat! J Does the TP2 have something going on different with the BT setup than others devices? The Freedom Pro Bluetooth Keyboard said on it’s website that it specifically worked on the TP – I just figured they didn’t mention the TP2 because they hadn’t gotten around to it yet. Is it a different kind BT on the TP2?

Any help would be awesome. I have 30 days to send this back so the 2nd question is, is there a fix to whatever is different so I can get the keyboard working as well as the two very nice BT headsets I own?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

msh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to msh441 Send a message via Yahoo to msh441
Re: 2 part question on a Bluetooth Keyboard

I currently use the iGo stowaway keyboard. The same Keyboard I too used with my Samsung i760 (coincidence!). I was one of the lucky ones that found one at the $29 price shortly after they stopped production.

The iGo keyboard works fine with the Touch Pro 2. I just turn it on as a discoverable device, the use the stock TP2 Bluetooth Manager to "see" it and connect. The iGo keyboard was recognized by my TP2 as "Think Outside Keyboard" and was then paired as a "Human Interface Device" under the Bluetooth profile.

It DOES NOT let me use the Function buttons, but everything else is fine. I've heard that when connected, the Freedom Bluetooth Keyboard has some of the same button issues (http://www.wmexperts.com/review-free...tooth-keyboard).

The key I found with the iGo was that it did not work with the iGo supplied drivers. So uninstall them if your trying to use the keyboard that way.

Also, (not that it makes too much difference, since I had mine working under both), are you running 6.1, or 6.5? I heard there was an improved Bluetooth stack included in the Verizon 6.5 ROM... but again, mine worked fine under both, so don't think it'll make that much difference.

Should you decide to keep the new Freedom keyboard, would you be interested in selling your iGo? I think they were one of the best stowables made. Like I said, they don't make them anymore and I'd love to have a spare set aside.

Last edited by msh441; 03-02-2010 at 10:04 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2