PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   ## Codes not working? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112690)

Unknownforce 03-02-2010 01:02 PM

## Codes not working?

Just got my Sprint TP2 two days ago, moved over from a Sprint TP, so I know pretty much all about it... But here's my problem... none of the ##code#'s are working... like ##33284# just sits there, nothing ever comes up. It worked BEFORE unlocking/flashing. I also tried the VZW type codes, (##33284 SEND) but also no luck, it just clears out the entry and goes back to the dialer. I want to try some new radio's and see what works best for my area, but I need the debug info from it to see actual signal strength and whatnot...

Here's what I've done so far... Unlocked HSPL, flashed to Engery's latest titanium ROM, disabled Titanium, installed SPB Mobile Shell and S2U2 2.30.

Is there anything that would cause it to be disabled, is it possible I need to run a carrier cab or something? If so can someone provide a link?

Thanks.

gTen 03-02-2010 01:13 PM

Re: ## Codes not working?

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/forums/showp...05&postcount=1

Unknownforce 03-02-2010 01:25 PM

What does finding my MSL have to do with the ## codes not working... unless I'm supposed to do something else afterwards WITH the MSL?

nyclio 03-02-2010 01:34 PM

Make sure HTC dialer is enabled

-'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / Security / Phone / Skin'
-change the value of 'Enabled' from 0 to 1.

Unknownforce 03-02-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyclio (Post 1601743)
Make sure HTC dialer is enabled

-'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / Security / Phone / Skin'
-change the value of 'Enabled' from 0 to 1.

Already set to 1. Still nothing... Thanks though.

nxtech3 03-02-2010 01:37 PM

I havent used Energy, but i know on Mightys i had to run the carrier cab before i could get the ## codes to work, so give it a shot

mwalt2 03-02-2010 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknownforce (Post 1601659)
Just got my Sprint TP2 two days ago, moved over from a Sprint TP, so I know pretty much all about it... But here's my problem... none of the ##code#'s are working... like ##33284# just sits there, nothing ever comes up. It worked BEFORE unlocking/flashing. I also tried the VZW type codes, (##33284 SEND) but also no luck, it just clears out the entry and goes back to the dialer. I want to try some new radio's and see what works best for my area, but I need the debug info from it to see actual signal strength and whatnot...

Here's what I've done so far... Unlocked HSPL, flashed to Engery's latest titanium ROM, disabled Titanium, installed SPB Mobile Shell and S2U2 2.30.

Is there anything that would cause it to be disabled, is it possible I need to run a carrier cab or something? If so can someone provide a link?

Thanks.

I've made you a cab to try. It has the EPST files because I have no idea if nrg puts them in his rom and the registry entry below (the dialer he is using is GSM, so won't work with ## codes without making the change below - also won't ever dial 911 correctly as far as I know).
Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DialParser]
"DLL-OEM"="PhoneCanvas.dll"

If the cab doesn't work, it should uninstall.

Unknownforce 03-02-2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwalt2 (Post 1601752)
I've made you a cab to try. It has the EPST files because I have no idea if nrg puts them in his rom and the registry entry below (the dialer he is using is GSM, so won't work with ## codes without making the change below - also won't ever dial 911 correctly as far as I know).
Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DialParser]
"DLL-OEM"="PhoneCanvas.dll"

If the cab doesn't work, it should uninstall.

Ran the attached cab with a little luck... ##778# works now, but ##33284# still does not...

00_MACKIE_00 03-02-2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknownforce (Post 1601779)
Ran the attached cab with a little luck... ##778# works now, but ##33284# still does not...

What is ##33284 for Sprint, never heard of it. Just tried it and it works on MightyRom WAR latest release.

mwalt2 03-02-2010 02:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknownforce (Post 1601779)

Ok, sorry about that. I should have read the reg. entries for epst better :). Try the cab attached to this post. All ## codes should work now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1601794)
What is ##33284 for Sprint, never heard of it. Just tried it and it works on MightyRom WAR latest release.

It runs fieldtrial.exe apparently :).