PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 02:08 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

GordonJ is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wishlist

My corp went to all WM (I had been using Palm for 10 years) so I now have a wishlist- things I wish my phone would/would not do. Maybe you can help me know how, if possible, to make my whishes come true.
1. I wish my phone would turn itself off (screen off-not completely off)after a designated time, when the power button is pushed accidently in my pocket. I have tried various cads but have not found one that does this, AND allows reminders etc to be shown on screen.
2. I wish when I try to look at up a contact and tap the wrong one and it opens up, that I could go back to the list of contacts that begin with that letter- say "R", instead of going all the way back to the entire contact list beginning with "A".
3. I wish I could make my phone vibrate when it rings - DO BOTH- not just either/or.
4. I wish I could get rid of the "curtains" at top and bottom AND the clock curtain( I have seen cabs, regedits for the top and bottom but not the clock).
5. I wish I could get fit of "Sprint" on my home screen (thought I saw this somewhere but can't find it now).
6. I wish te TP2 had a virtual D-pad. I have tried "VolPad" but with it you can't adjust the volume of your phone with the volume buttons. I have tried Gpad put it is too inconsistent for me.
7. I wish I had a list of pre-set text messages that I could use to "ingnore" calls or respond to texts. the TP2 only seems to offer you the option of one message.

I'm sure I will wish for more as I go (only had my phone a couple weeks).
BTW I am set up to do regedits and would like to get in to that so.... (of course I will accept cads as well)
Thank you
Old 02-28-2010, 02:19 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: Wishlist

most of that list can be done by searching. put tags in the search box, it'll take you places! #3= settings>personal>sounds and notifications>notifications...ring and vibrate is there. #7= settings>communications>settings(right bottom corner)>phone>scroll to the right>advanced. where the "reject call with text message", check that box and you can change the message to whatever you want.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

HTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuff

+1 on taking some time to search, the answers are all posted.

Here's a couple of shortcuts to start your off - TP2 Cleanup Thread & Touch Pro 2 Tweaks, Hacks, Tips & Modifications
Old 02-28-2010, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

aj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

One thing about this site OP, you will get flamed if no research was done, just food for thought. Anyway, for #1 I would try Pocket Sheild, its not a free app but you can demo it, also look at Slide to Unlock(S2U) that one is free. They both offer the same thing in terms of turning off the phone at certain intervals. There are pros and cons for both apps btw. For #2, I would look at PhonEX. It has a bigger dialer and the overall UI of the software is nice.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:06 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you have to play around with you phone so you can get yourself familiarized with your device...a getting to know you day so to speak. and like the others said, the search button is your friend...done be scared to use it.

now with that being said, #1...you can make it so that the screen turns off automatically after a set amount of time you specify. you can do this by Start- Settings- System- Power- Advance. you can now tell your phone when to turn off screen when running on battery or when plugged for charging.

now remember that you have a wm ppc. probably half of the settings are the same way on how you would personalize your desktop pc or laptop. play around with your phone so you can get an idea of how pwerful a device you have. though it has limitations...its still a powerful device just the same. besides, all devices that are out there have their own limitations, tp2 is not an exception to that.

enjoy your tp2!

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 02-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

GordonJ is a n00b

OK, i understand about searching. But you may have noticed how I gave examples of what I have already tried etc., I am not just looking to be spoon-fed. And yes....I missed the ring and vibrate setting, sorry.
Many of the items you have graciously shared, and I do thank you, I have tried or at least looked for; for example, on #7 -I am aware of the setting to respond to a call with a text, and the place to have that message pre-typed; but I'm accustomed to having a "list" of these pre-typed messages to choose from depending on the occassion- that is what I was hoping for.
I'll check out your recommendations for #1, I have played with the settings and they will not do what I'm looking for- trying to get the device to turn back off (say, if I don't press another certian button) when the power button is bumped accidendly but not turn off after only a few "dormant" seconds the rest of the time when I am trying to use it.
I have not seen anything out there on #2, and everything I have found on #6 has issues that are deal breakers- hoping for more options but have not been able to find any.
Thanks for your responses.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

aj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Pocketsheild Look at the Read Me section. That could help you decide if this will work for you.

Iconsoft's PhonEx This one could help your contacts problem *maybe* I havent used it in a while so I couldn't really say honestly.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

GordonJ is a n00b

Tried Pocketsheild but does not have the functionality I am looking for, but I did find the function in s2u2!
Also found that the regular "Contacts" app (not the tf3d version) will allow you to do a typed search by anything in the srting, AND WILL TAKE YOU BACK TO WHERE YOU JUST WERE- NOT THE THE LETTER "A"!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2