PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Cross platform games? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112638)

Mike5150 03-01-2010 10:58 PM

Cross platform games?

I'm fairly certain that the answer to my question will be a big no, but I have to ask anyways because you guys tend to surprise me alot! I was curious if anyone knew of any games that I could play against my wife while I am at work and she is at home. She mentioned a scrabble like game for the Iphone that allows you to play against friends or strangers. I thought something like this might be cool for us (doesn't have to be scrabble, chess would actually be totally awesome!). The problem is that I have a TP2 and she has an Iphone.

Oxymoron238 03-02-2010 12:26 AM

Re: Cross platform games?

UGH!! And you guys can still live in the same house together??

Lol, just joking =)

Anyway, as far as I know, the answer is yes and no. I know of a few MMO (massively multiplayer online) games for windows mobile, but that's a cross between pocket pc's and well... desktop pc's. It's not what you're looking for, but it shows that it's possible.

Maybe someone else can point you to a good one.

gTen 03-02-2010 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike5150 (Post 1600744)
I'm fairly certain that the answer to my question will be a big no, but I have to ask anyways because you guys tend to surprise me alot! I was curious if anyone knew of any games that I could play against my wife while I am at work and she is at home. She mentioned a scrabble like game for the Iphone that allows you to play against friends or strangers. I thought something like this might be cool for us (doesn't have to be scrabble, chess would actually be totally awesome!). The problem is that I have a TP2 and she has an Iphone.

It had to be the iPhone gah..most cross paltform solutions like flash, java and etc dont work on iPhone..so your only option as far as I can say is to find a Javascript/Ajax multiplayer game and play from the web browser.

I cannot say exactly which games in particular because I don't have an iPhone to test on whether it will be compatible so try googling for:

javascript multiplayer games

or

ajax multiplayer games

and try them out 1 by 1 and hope somethign works...

nrfitchett4 03-02-2010 04:35 AM

don't you go to work to get away from the wife???

Mike5150 03-02-2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 (Post 1601189)
don't you go to work to get away from the wife???

Yes, but if I can annoy her while I am away from home by beating her at Chess or something similar, that's a bonus!

tomc585 02-11-2011 10:00 AM

Curious myself about some cross platform games. A friend plays wordfeud on his android phone, Is there a version for wm phones? searches have been taking my in circles. Thanks.