PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 09:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: its march! whos ready for touchxperience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
everybody who has posted in this room says thats slow unless there is a snapdragon processor, why do you choose only to single out dragon? it seems as if you want him and me to start arguing with you. PAL i'm assuming you mean me, actually i know you mean me. i'm not having trouble finding an android forum as i post in there 10x more then i do in here nowadays. its seems you have trouble taking any criticsm towards winmo. i've watched that video as well and that is slow, i'm sorry you feel otherwise.
not quite
everyone has ASSUMED based on running snapdragon, it will be slow on a 528 mhz device. I made that same assumption as well and what did I do? I spoke to schapman about it myself last year! But the twitter comment he made dismisses that. Its not like conjecture, its been tested and I can say schapman is pretty reliable and while he runs into the issue that many developers run into (makes a timetable and something bad happens and the project is pushed back), he is pretty good for his word honestly

but again I still posed the question to dragon. If he sees lag, if he sees slow in any of the demos, tell us where. I mean I did see slight lag, but this was only due to the live wallpaper and the specific action taking place at the same time. I mean I don't want every thread here to resort to android v winmo but all I ask is just where it is. Just trying to hear differing viewpoints
Old 03-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
not quite
everyone has ASSUMED based on running snapdragon, it will be slow on a 528 mhz device. I made that same assumption as well and what did I do? I spoke to schapman about it myself last year! But the twitter comment he made dismisses that. Its not like conjecture, its been tested and I can say schapman is pretty reliable and while he runs into the issue that many developers run into (makes a timetable and something bad happens and the project is pushed back), he is pretty good for his word honestly

but again I still posed the question to dragon. If he sees lag, if he sees slow in any of the demos, tell us where. I mean I did see slight lag, but this was only due to the live wallpaper and the specific action taking place at the same time. I mean I don't want every thread here to resort to android v winmo but all I ask is just where it is. Just trying to hear differing viewpoints
I'm not arguing that and honestly i'll let dragon speak for himself but i was writing to lipidfats. honestly you went and did the research so you're probably correct. I don't even really care for this thread but lipidfats wanted to discuss me in a condesending tone so i wanted to challenge him. honestly i respect you more then you know and whatever you're writing i usually agree with you.
Google is the next skynet
Old 03-01-2010, 09:22 PM
VIP Member

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I'm not arguing that and honestly i'll let dragon speak for himself but i was writing to lipidfats. honestly you went and did the research so you're probably correct. I don't even really care for this thread but lipidfats wanted to discuss me in a condesending tone so i wanted to challenge him. honestly i respect you more then you know and whatever you're writing i usually agree with you.
funny you should mention that I'm writing some articles for a tech blog as we speak on droid LOL irony I say but you know I wasn't pointing it at you but like I was saying in general like we tend to assume and I did too. God let me tell you I was like oh frick this is snapdragon we're screwed...not quite so that made me very glad and where's my darn beta so I can review this!?
Old 03-01-2010, 09:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

p-slim, yes, everyone is saying it would be laggy on a device without snapdragon. The fully featured one would lag, obviously. There's a version that will run on older devices btw. Anyway... dragon is saying it's slow in that video (and surprise, surprise you too)... guess what device is in the video? an HD2. Snapdragon. Nobody here is saying it's slow in that video. In fact, it has 5 stars after being viewed 44 thousand times. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpwtGal76ko They're saying it would be slow on our tp2s.

You know damn right your opinions have become very biased around here, so don't play like you haven't been bashing everything like it's not good enough for you anymore. We get it, you think Android is much better. But those of us who prefer WinMo still get excited about stuff like this and other things WinMo.

I used to pay attention to your comments when you posted, but now they're 98% negative and end in a line that praises android. I can take criticism of WinMo (i even told you before that i'm getting android as a 2nd device), i just find it annoying that you guys stick around ::to bash:: even after you've blatantly said you no longer use your tp2s and that winmo sucks. This is a tp2 forum, not a n1 forum. Your excuse used to be that you still have a tp2, but you've already proclaimed it's a paperweight now. So, the fact that you still post here (negatively or to combat people) makes you look pretty pathetic IMHO.

Your actions here since you got your N1 have spoken volumes. Not trying to get in an argument, simply because i'm not going to waste my time like you seem to enjoy doing (recall hd2 thread with 50 pages of you and dragon vs salty), but I'm just speaking honestly. You don't have to like it, but you can't deny that you and your boy have been pretty negative on here... This is the last time i respond to you or dragon seriously. Any responses to you guys hereafter will be as ridiculous as your negative attitude towards WinMo

Last edited by lipidfats; 03-01-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
p-slim, yes, everyone is saying it would be laggy on a device without snapdragon. The fully featured one would lag, obviously. There's a version that will run on older devices btw. Anyway... dragon is saying it's slow in that video (and surprise, surprise you too)... guess what device is in the video? an HD2. Snapdragon. Nobody here is saying it's slow in that video. In fact, it has 5 stars after being viewed 44 thousand times. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpwtGal76ko They're saying it would be slow on our tp2s.

You know damn right your opinions have become very biased around here, so don't play like you haven't been bashing everything like it's not good enough for you anymore. We get it, you think Android is much better. But those of us who prefer WinMo still get excited about stuff like this and other things WinMo.

I used to pay attention to your comments when you posted, but now they're 98% negative and end in a line that praises android. I can take criticism of WinMo (i even told you before that i'm getting android as a 2nd device), i just find it annoying that you guys stick around even after you've blatantly said you no longer use your tp2s and that winmo sucks. This is a tp2 forum, not a n1 forum. Your excuse used to be that you still have a tp2, but you've already proclaimed it's a paperweight now. So, the fact that you still post here (negatively or to combat people) makes you look pretty pathetic IMHO.

Your actions here since you got your N1 have spoken volumes. Not trying to get in an argument, simply because i'm not going to waste my time like you seem to enjoy doing (recall hd2 thread with 50 pages of you and dragon vs salty), but I'm just speaking honestly. You don't have to like it, but you can't deny that you and your boy have been pretty negative on here... This is the last time i respond to you or dragon seriously. Any responses to you guys hereafter will be as ridiculous as your negative attitude towards WinMo
i'm sorry man just because i favor my nexus one over my tp2 doesn't mean my opinion doesn't matter and thats the only point i'm making to you. its funny you think i have a negative attitude towards winmo just because i don't agree with someones statement. i don't go bashing random winmo threads that would be winmo hating, actually if you followed my posts you would see i still try to help people who actually have questions. i have a tp2 on my desk still and i have my nexus, if the conversation comes up i'm sorry i believe my nexus one is better, sorry you don't feel that way but in all honesty it is better.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint (SERO)

thegreatpjdj is a n00b

Ugh. Can mods close this stupid thread?
Old 03-04-2010, 01:02 PM
VIP Member

how about no because
TOUCHXPERIENCE IS HERE!!! ITS IMPRESSIVE, FAST AND SURPRISINGLY STABLE

it is NOT SLOW
Old 03-04-2010, 01:10 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
how about no because
TOUCHXPERIENCE IS HERE!!! ITS IMPRESSIVE, FAST AND SURPRISINGLY STABLE

it is NOT SLOW
okay...where?
Old 03-04-2010, 01:18 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
okay...where?
check your email if you're a beta tester schaps just emailed all beta's 30 minutes ago
Old 03-04-2010, 01:42 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
check your email if you're a beta tester schaps just emailed all beta's 30 minutes ago
Havent gotten it yet.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2