PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Slingbox stopped working with tp2

Well with any phone really but my tp2.

I was offered by my cable company a free netgear router (mine was broke)

And also a faster speed internet from 10mb to 20.

As the guy was putting it in i showed him slingbox and how it worked so it was working fine then he put in a new router and a new corde but that was it we never touched anything on slingbox

Well i can't get the slingbox to show up on my router.I have tried everything i can think of.I have rebooted checked all connections but it is like it does not see it there.

He did put a security key but not sure if he did anything else that would stop my new router from seeing it.

Any help? i posted on sling community but you understand that gets you no where anyone have any ideas?
Old 03-01-2010, 11:35 AM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Slingbox stopped working with tp2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
Well with any phone really but my tp2.

I was offered by my cable company a free netgear router (mine was broke)

And also a faster speed internet from 10mb to 20.

As the guy was putting it in i showed him slingbox and how it worked so it was working fine then he put in a new router and a new corde but that was it we never touched anything on slingbox

Well i can't get the slingbox to show up on my router.I have tried everything i can think of.I have rebooted checked all connections but it is like it does not see it there.

He did put a security key but not sure if he did anything else that would stop my new router from seeing it.

Any help? i posted on sling community but you understand that gets you no where anyone have any ideas?
Ports aren't opened? See article.

http://support.slingmedia.com/get/KB-005033.html

focus on the info talking about port forwarding.

Last edited by 00_MACKIE_00; 03-01-2010 at 11:38 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Mitchell6889 is a n00b

You will need to reset your slingbox to factory default by holding in the little red reset button and reconfigure from that point.

Anytime you change routers it will mess things up for slingbox.

Also, keep in mind you may (or may not) have to change your ip string on the router... I switched routers and the new one defaulted to something like 192.168.2.x which my slingbox did not like at all. I switched it to 192.168.0.x and all is ok. You should be ok with 192.168.1.x. This is configured within your router.

My only issue now seems to be that I have to try 4, 5, 6 or more times before I get a connection through slingplayer mobile or slingbox.com. It works fine once connected but it sucks with the multiple attempts.

Mitch
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I thanked both of you.I did do a hard reset last night the little button on the back.I have a older one the solo and never had a issue with different routers till Brighthouse brought out this netgear router.I had like 3 different ones of the years with this sling and no problem till now.Ill try these things but it is driving us nuts cause of the fact the sling and all are hooked up right just on the computer the connection does not show up.Thanks ill look into it.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:58 AM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
I thanked both of you.I did do a hard reset last night the little button on the back.I have a older one the solo and never had a issue with different routers till Brighthouse brought out this netgear router.I had like 3 different ones of the years with this sling and no problem till now.Ill try these things but it is driving us nuts cause of the fact the sling and all are hooked up right just on the computer the connection does not show up.Thanks ill look into it.

Oh man , you mentioned Brighthouse. There's really no telling what could be the issue now that you have mentioned them.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint EVO
Carrier: Sprint

donnatn is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to donnatn

What does it mean when you try to access your slingbox using the TP2 and it says your slingbox isn't registered? I registered it with the company when I bought it.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

There is a port you will need to open for Slingbox to work over the internet(thus on you TP2). I "believe" the port is 5001 but don't quote me on that. Look at Slingbox's site for the correct port number.

In my router(Netgear WNDR3700) I assigned a specific ip address to my slingbox based on it's MAC addy. Then I opened the correct port for that IP address only.

Look at the list of connected devices and see if it is seeing the MAC addy of the Slingbox. You may wanna check the simple things like the network cable too, to see if that's an issue.

Last edited by Chuck_IV; 03-01-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:31 PM
N00b

Shunned is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnatn View Post
What does it mean when you try to access your slingbox using the TP2 and it says your slingbox isn't registered? I registered it with the company when I bought it.

I get the same thing but I i havent bought it yet, im using the demo version, and Im not able to watch on my phone. maybe I gotta resetup my box i guess. idk im new to this slingbox thing, I just wanted to try it out before i bought the program
Old 03-01-2010, 02:41 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunned View Post
I get the same thing but I i havent bought it yet, im using the demo version, and Im not able to watch on my phone. maybe I gotta resetup my box i guess. idk im new to this slingbox thing, I just wanted to try it out before i bought the program
lol, thats why, buy it, youll love it.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:57 PM
N00b

Shunned is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
lol, thats why, buy it, youll love it.

well wth is the purpose of the demo version if you cant watch it within the 30 days. :P

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2