PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Slingbox stopped working with tp2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112562)

rdcrds 03-01-2010 11:25 AM

Slingbox stopped working with tp2

Well with any phone really but my tp2.

I was offered by my cable company a free netgear router (mine was broke)

And also a faster speed internet from 10mb to 20.

As the guy was putting it in i showed him slingbox and how it worked so it was working fine then he put in a new router and a new corde but that was it we never touched anything on slingbox

Well i can't get the slingbox to show up on my router.I have tried everything i can think of.I have rebooted checked all connections but it is like it does not see it there.

He did put a security key but not sure if he did anything else that would stop my new router from seeing it.

Any help? i posted on sling community but you understand that gets you no where anyone have any ideas?

00_MACKIE_00 03-01-2010 11:35 AM

Re: Slingbox stopped working with tp2

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdcrds (Post 1599157)
Well with any phone really but my tp2.

I was offered by my cable company a free netgear router (mine was broke)

And also a faster speed internet from 10mb to 20.

As the guy was putting it in i showed him slingbox and how it worked so it was working fine then he put in a new router and a new corde but that was it we never touched anything on slingbox

Well i can't get the slingbox to show up on my router.I have tried everything i can think of.I have rebooted checked all connections but it is like it does not see it there.

He did put a security key but not sure if he did anything else that would stop my new router from seeing it.

Any help? i posted on sling community but you understand that gets you no where anyone have any ideas?

Ports aren't opened? See article.

http://support.slingmedia.com/get/KB-005033.html

focus on the info talking about port forwarding.

Mitchell6889 03-01-2010 11:36 AM

You will need to reset your slingbox to factory default by holding in the little red reset button and reconfigure from that point.

Anytime you change routers it will mess things up for slingbox.

Also, keep in mind you may (or may not) have to change your ip string on the router... I switched routers and the new one defaulted to something like 192.168.2.x which my slingbox did not like at all. I switched it to 192.168.0.x and all is ok. You should be ok with 192.168.1.x. This is configured within your router.

My only issue now seems to be that I have to try 4, 5, 6 or more times before I get a connection through slingplayer mobile or slingbox.com. It works fine once connected but it sucks with the multiple attempts.

Mitch

rdcrds 03-01-2010 11:52 AM

I thanked both of you.I did do a hard reset last night the little button on the back.I have a older one the solo and never had a issue with different routers till Brighthouse brought out this netgear router.I had like 3 different ones of the years with this sling and no problem till now.Ill try these things but it is driving us nuts cause of the fact the sling and all are hooked up right just on the computer the connection does not show up.Thanks ill look into it.

00_MACKIE_00 03-01-2010 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdcrds (Post 1599194)
I thanked both of you.I did do a hard reset last night the little button on the back.I have a older one the solo and never had a issue with different routers till Brighthouse brought out this netgear router.I had like 3 different ones of the years with this sling and no problem till now.Ill try these things but it is driving us nuts cause of the fact the sling and all are hooked up right just on the computer the connection does not show up.Thanks ill look into it.

Oh man , you mentioned Brighthouse. There's really no telling what could be the issue now that you have mentioned them.

donnatn 03-01-2010 11:58 AM

What does it mean when you try to access your slingbox using the TP2 and it says your slingbox isn't registered? I registered it with the company when I bought it.

Chuck_IV 03-01-2010 12:15 PM

There is a port you will need to open for Slingbox to work over the internet(thus on you TP2). I "believe" the port is 5001 but don't quote me on that. Look at Slingbox's site for the correct port number.

In my router(Netgear WNDR3700) I assigned a specific ip address to my slingbox based on it's MAC addy. Then I opened the correct port for that IP address only.

Look at the list of connected devices and see if it is seeing the MAC addy of the Slingbox. You may wanna check the simple things like the network cable too, to see if that's an issue.

Shunned 03-01-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnatn (Post 1599212)
What does it mean when you try to access your slingbox using the TP2 and it says your slingbox isn't registered? I registered it with the company when I bought it.

I get the same thing but I i havent bought it yet, im using the demo version, and Im not able to watch on my phone. maybe I gotta resetup my box i guess. idk im new to this slingbox thing, I just wanted to try it out before i bought the program :(

darren.wlsn1 03-01-2010 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shunned (Post 1599563)
I get the same thing but I i havent bought it yet, im using the demo version, and Im not able to watch on my phone. maybe I gotta resetup my box i guess. idk im new to this slingbox thing, I just wanted to try it out before i bought the program :(

lol, thats why, buy it, youll love it.

Shunned 03-01-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1599582)
lol, thats why, buy it, youll love it.

well wth is the purpose of the demo version if you cant watch it within the 30 days. :P