PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 09:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

TiPPY2 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question New to the tp2

Ive had the TP with Sprint and loved everything about it, except for the failing keyboard and the lagging. So naturally when the TP2 came out i was ready for it. After a week of having it, there have been a couple of things that is really making me want to bang my head against the wall . If ANYONE knows how to help fix them I'd greatly appreciate it.

1. Any text messages that i receive or send will stay as a "New Message" and have the message number sky high. How do I "mark them as read" or something because entering and exiting the message thread 45 times to get rid of them does get tiring.

2. My voice command will not work, when it comes to reading the text messages. Ive read all of the forums and followed the instructions, but nothing works.

3. Whats with the internet turning itself on?? im glad i have the unlimited data plan with sprint.

4. My "ring and vibrate" will NOT stay on when i turn the sound up or down. is this a feature that i can turn off? it sucks when i miss important calls when the sound is low and it doesnt vibrate.

I mean i love the phone, and if these things can be changed, i'd love it even more. Also, If these questions or "problems" are posted somewhere else, please let me know. Duplicates of posts annoys me.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/EVO 4G
Carrier: The NOW Network!!

LayLay is keeping up the good workLayLay is keeping up the good workLayLay is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LayLay
Re: New to the tp2

flash to a ROM and you wont get any of those probelms. Unless you like the stock look and feature.
" for hitting the Button!"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

there are fixes for 1 and 4, you just have to search for them as I don't remember where they are.

number three you need the "no push internet" fix, basically opera is on all the time

also, check out the tweaks thread, you may have to scan through it.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78019
Old 02-25-2010, 02:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch pro2

xXOahuBornXx is keeping up the good workxXOahuBornXx is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayLay View Post
flash to a ROM and you wont get any of those probelms. Unless you like the stock look and feature.
To Add on To LayLay's post. Not all Rom are Bug free so remember that even though you flash to a Custom Rom, there could still have problems. And If you Like the Stock Rom Features There Is a Custom Rom Built to Look and Be just like the Stock Rom, but Has some Changes.

Dont Forget To Thank Those Who Helped You!
Old 02-25-2010, 05:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/800w/HTC TP/TP2/HD2
Carrier: Sprint/Tmobile

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Improve

Try theese first 2 cabs for issue number #3 and they will also give you back much needed RAM. I included the last 2 cabs since it looks like your running wm6.1 OS.

If you decide to flash and incase to get rid of most of theese problems (like phantom messaging) you need some help here are 2 links to How to videos. Make sure you read up on how to unlock the phone 1st.

http://thewingster.com/howflashtp2romcdma.aspx

http://video.najoomi.com/videos/te7C...2-Rhodium.html

hope that helps for now.

Last edited by Improve; 02-25-2010 at 05:33 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:52 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

go to the stickies section and download the clean up cab for sprint. will probably fix 75% of your problems. not sure ouw to fix voice command. disabling it will get rid of your ringtone problems though.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:12 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

TiPPY2 is a n00b

Thanks guys. Im going to first try to flash the ROM...then if that doesnt work or improve then im going to try those cabs. you guys are great.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:22 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

TiPPY2 is a n00b

So.......because im not cool like you guys, i attempted to flash to a ROM and failed TERRIBLY. i watched the videos....and still failed. oh well....its time for optimism to kick in. I'll keep trying, i want to get the best usage out of my phone.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/800w/HTC TP/TP2/HD2
Carrier: Sprint/Tmobile

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Improve

The videos where for guiding you through the process, and to help create a visual presentation of the process for you. We stress the reading because its where you will learn and accomplish the smaller details needed to unlock and flash your phone successfully.
I hope when you get a chance you give a try again. Good luck!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2