PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Activesync through USB issues after WM6.5 upgrade. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112551)

Ollybee 03-01-2010 10:17 AM

Activesync through USB issues after WM6.5 upgrade.

I've recently upgraded my TP2 with WM6.5. Ever since I have not been able to connect the phone to the computer using the USB. When the lead is connected and active sync is selected on the device, Active sync begins and the setup window appears with "retrieving settings". This quickly disappears and an error window appears with; "Syncronisation cannot be completed successfully. Reconnect your device and try again. If the problem persists see, Microsoft Activesync Troubleshooter in Microsoft Activesync Help on your desktop."

Pretty soon after, this message appears on the device screen; "Cannot Connect. Cannot connect with current connection settings. To change your connection settings, tap settings." I can either dismiss this or tap settings which takes me to the connection settings menu to setup a new modem connection or proxy settings etc. If I am to change something here I am not sure what...

If I go to Microsoft Activesync Troubleshooter it runs through the checks and tells me there is no error. Activesync'ing through my data connection appears to not have an issue.

I've read quite a bit about it on various website, I must be missing something, does anyone have any suggestions please!

Rhodium500 03-01-2010 10:18 AM

Re: Activesync through USB issues after WM6.5 upgrade.

Delete any pairings on the phone and computer then try again.

Ollybee 03-01-2010 10:23 AM

I've deleted the pairing on the computer, not sure how I would go about deleting the pairings on the phone.

Rhodium500 03-01-2010 10:33 AM

start-programs-activesync

Adrianh85 03-01-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ollybee (Post 1599034)
I've recently upgraded my TP2 with WM6.5. Ever since I have not been able to connect the phone to the computer using the USB. When the lead is connected and active sync is selected on the device, Active sync begins and the setup window appears with "retrieving settings". This quickly disappears and an error window appears with; "Syncronisation cannot be completed successfully. Reconnect your device and try again. If the problem persists see, Microsoft Activesync Troubleshooter in Microsoft Activesync Help on your desktop."

Pretty soon after, this message appears on the device screen; "Cannot Connect. Cannot connect with current connection settings. To change your connection settings, tap settings." I can either dismiss this or tap settings which takes me to the connection settings menu to setup a new modem connection or proxy settings etc. If I am to change something here I am not sure what...

If I go to Microsoft Activesync Troubleshooter it runs through the checks and tells me there is no error. Activesync'ing through my data connection appears to not have an issue.

I've read quite a bit about it on various website, I must be missing something, does anyone have any suggestions please!

also try this goto settings>connections in ur phone and see if u have a usb to pc option and uncheck enable faster data sync!!!

in my rom and maybe others it causes sync issuses!!

Ollybee 03-01-2010 10:41 AM

Rhodium 500: BINGO!

Adrianh85: I had a play with that, but it didn't seem to have any effect.

Thank you both very much for your assistance.

Ollybee 03-01-2010 10:47 AM

I've set up the sync incorrectly though and got duplicates for everything in my calendar. Oh well!

docmump 03-01-2010 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ollybee (Post 1599095)
I've set up the sync incorrectly though and got duplicates for everything in my calendar. Oh well!

Microsoft MyPhone can fix that for you...