PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 09:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jcornel7 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help a Sprint Noob :)

OK Just got my TP2 (Sprint) which ROM should I use and has the best instructions. Ive never done this before but Im ready to lose my ROM virginity...hmmm yeah that was too much.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Which ROM do I download? Which is most reliable? Can you ever go back to "factory"? WHere do I start?

Thanks!!!
Old 02-28-2010, 09:43 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78
Re: Help a Sprint Noob :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcornel7 View Post
OK Just got my TP2 (Sprint) which ROM should I use and has the best instructions. Ive never done this before but Im ready to lose my ROM virginity...hmmm yeah that was too much.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Which ROM do I download? Which is most reliable? Can you ever go back to "factory"? WHere do I start?

Thanks!!!
Obviously you have not read the forum rules about posting. First things first. READ THE DIRECTIONS. Then read some more. This is not where you should have posted this bud.

Give some
Old 02-28-2010, 09:43 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:

Thanks!!!
First things......You are gonna get lit up like central parks xmas tree startin a thread in this forum like this..........BUT we were all noobs and still are to some degree.....

After unlocking you can flash just about any CDMA ROm you want....don't like it ......flah another or flash back to stock..........Its your choice.....

Start HERE:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252

Then check this out for ease of the disease so to speak........ http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95375

Then try every ROM you like in the CDMA section. Sprint specific ROMs are titled as so.....OR you can Hit the best Mr. X up for his work......or Mighty....or Energy.....or S3.........

Just skim the thread espec the first few posts and you should find all you need. ALSO USE THE SEARCH THE THREAD OPTION AS WELL AS SEARCH THE SITE when you need something.

Welcome to the disease.......we have no antidote!

Last edited by Whotahn; 02-28-2010 at 09:44 PM. Reason: AHHH TOLD YA SO!!!
Old 02-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

jpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ask 5 people which ROM is best and you'll probably get 5 different answers. I started out with NRG and Mighty Mike but lately I've been feeling Dibbs Medium Hill and my current ROM is RSTG 23541 build. I followed him over from the TOuch Pro days. I like the 6.5.x builds best. The 21xxx builds are more stable but not quite as cutting edge in my opinion plus I prefer my start button on the bottom. Plus they are more finger friendly. Do yourself a favor, look at the number of people who have downloaded each chef's ROM and then give it a shot. Try them all until you find one that suits your needs. Some are bare-bones close to stock and others are full of fluff and eye candy. Most likely you will become a flash junkie like most of us and eagerly await upgrade and can't wait to flash them. Good luck in your search. And yes you can go back to factory, just look in the threads for stock ROM builds. Hope this helps...
Old 02-28-2010, 10:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
First things......You are gonna get lit up like central parks xmas tree startin a thread in this forum like this..........BUT we were all noobs and still are to some degree.....

After unlocking you can flash just about any CDMA ROm you want....don't like it ......flah another or flash back to stock..........Its your choice.....

Start HERE:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252

Then check this out for ease of the disease so to speak........ http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95375

Then try every ROM you like in the CDMA section. Sprint specific ROMs are titled as so.....OR you can Hit the best Mr. X up for his work......or Mighty....or Energy.....or S3.........

Just skim the thread espec the first few posts and you should find all you need. ALSO USE THE SEARCH THE THREAD OPTION AS WELL AS SEARCH THE SITE when you need something.

Welcome to the disease.......we have no antidote!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpucillo74 View Post
Ask 5 people which ROM is best and you'll probably get 5 different answers. I started out with NRG and Mighty Mike but lately I've been feeling Dibbs Medium Hill and my current ROM is RSTG 23541 build. I followed him over from the TOuch Pro days. I like the 6.5.x builds best. The 21xxx builds are more stable but not quite as cutting edge in my opinion plus I prefer my start button on the bottom. Plus they are more finger friendly. Do yourself a favor, look at the number of people who have downloaded each chef's ROM and then give it a shot. Try them all until you find one that suits your needs. Some are bare-bones close to stock and others are full of fluff and eye candy. Most likely you will become a flash junkie like most of us and eagerly await upgrade and can't wait to flash them. Good luck in your search. And yes you can go back to factory, just look in the threads for stock ROM builds. Hope this helps...
Welcome to the jungle. The links that Whotahn posted are must reads before trying to flash, don't rush it or you'll end up with a brick, Read, learn and follow the rules (of flashing, searching and posting) and you will 1) not have a brick in your hands, 2) not get flamed, and 3) get addicted to flashing (your phone... get your mind out of the gutter....). Jpucillo tells it like it is, there is no 1 perfect ROM, I personally would recommend something close to stock without a ton of eyecandy until you've done plenty of reading to know what you want and need and how to work around potential bugs. There's plenty of incredible stock looking ROM's out there that are rock solid and fast and you can then tweak with mods to change the look and feel of it. If you have questions, search, both the thread and forum and if you still can't find the answer, post the question, especially if it's regarding your first flash or unlocking w/ HSPL. We would rather walk you through it rather than tell you that you now own a very nice paperweight. good luck!
Old 02-28-2010, 10:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D

nasa1303 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OR78 View Post
Obviously you have not read the forum rules about posting. First things first. READ THE DIRECTIONS. Then read some more. This is not where you should have posted this bud.
damn kid got schooled on his first post...lol.

seriously everyone has their own opinion about which rom is better. so you will get a million different ones to try. go to the stickies and it will explain everything you need to know about steps you need to take before flashing to a custom rom. i have been using the energy leo rom for about two weeks now and i love it. it is the first rom i flashed on my tp2 but i flashed dozens of them on my tp1. you will just need to start trying them out and see which ones has the features and style that is useful for your personal preference.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:57 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

Use the latest NRGZ ROM. Amazing.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - Waiting for my HTC Evo 4G

happyorangeman is a n00b

I am currently on Mr. X and I do like it a whole lot from the 2 days I have been using it. I was using Silence Rom but got very bored of it, although it was very stable and quick.

I would try Mr. X and then try Mighty and NRGZ. I was pretty scared when I flashed my first rom on my original Touch Pro but after you read up on everything and take the first step, you will not go back. Trust me.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

pinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunniz

Quote:

Thanks!!!

Yep, follow the links that the nice guys have provided so you can do the unlocking first.

Roms I would try are the MightyRom (this one i can vouge for) and Ive heard good things about EnergyRom and the Sprint Lovers rom. look those up and read about them and ask questions in their thread if you like someone will always be there to help. Good Luck and welcome to Rom flashers Anonymous. LOL
Old 03-01-2010, 05:01 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

sprint lovers rom is kindof slow.
i've tried indagroove's titanium only sprint rom, couldn't get yahoo to work.
tried the sprint rom titanium only with mobile shell. skyfire froze the phone everytime.
now i'm trying Mal's ROM, titanium only with mobile shell. so far it is the fastest that i have tried and everything works.

before you jump into this:
1. in the sticky's section is a cleanup section. first thing, backup your phone with microsoft myphone.
2. hard reset your phone under system settings do the clear memory.
3. run the cleanup cab for new sprint phone
4. download spb mobile shell. you can try it free for 14 days.

try your phone on this for a week and see if you like it. very, very, very stable, no cooking roms and fairly quick. if that doesn't do it for you, then try a custom rom.

From one noob to another.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
noob sprint touch pro 2