PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 09:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Dorenda is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Dorenda Send a message via MSN to Dorenda Send a message via Yahoo to Dorenda
Storage Card Issue

I just bought my Touch Pro 2 on Saturday. My phone was working fine and all of a sudden 2day it won't read my 8gb storage card. Advanced Tech support told me that since my storage card came from a Touch Pro it wouldn't work. Then she told me that it needed to be formatted. After I explained to her that I'm no fool and that I knew what I was doing she hung up on me. Has anyone else had this issue?
Old 12-16-2009, 09:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker

HTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuff
Re: Storage Card Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorenda View Post
I just bought my Touch Pro 2 on Saturday. My phone was working fine and all of a sudden 2day it won't read my 8gb storage card. Advanced Tech support told me that since my storage card came from a Touch Pro it wouldn't work. Then she told me that it needed to be formatted. After I explained to her that I'm no fool and that I knew what I was doing she hung up on me. Has anyone else had this issue?
Yeah, you are correct that was bad tech support information....I transferred my card right from my TP to my TP2 without any issue. Do you have access to a card reader? Pull the card and test if you can "talk" to it form a PC first, then copy the data off and go ahead and format the card and that should resolve the issue.

If you cannot see the card contents from either a PC(card reader), or another phone, then the card is bad and needs to be replaced.

Either way...good luck.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:56 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

what, bad tech support? lol, i think you got a bad card. is it a knockoff from ebay?
Old 12-16-2009, 10:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

HTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
what, bad tech support? lol,
Unbelievable, I know! I manage tech support for an airline, and nothing grates me more than bad tech support .....and there's plenty of "bad" around to keep me on edge constantly!
Old 12-16-2009, 10:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to Dorenda Send a message via MSN to Dorenda Send a message via Yahoo to Dorenda
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

It worked on the PC and my TP1. So I'm guessing that something is wrong with my phone.

No I bought my storage card from Amazon.com it works perfectly except in my TP2.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorenda View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

It worked on the PC and my TP1. So I'm guessing that something is wrong with my phone.

No I bought my storage card from Amazon.com it works perfectly except in my TP2.
I had the same issue, unfortunately you're going to have to reformat your storage card and it should work perfectly. use a computer to reformat it to fat32
Google is the next skynet
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:59 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

I agree with you guys reformat should fix the problem, hope you getting working.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I hard reset and it works sometimes. Thanx for all the quick responses. I will reformatt 2morrow.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

This used to happen to me all the time with my old HP PDA. Some files would get corrupted & the card wouldn't mount properly. Just reformat it & don't ever listen to tech support. They're usually just poorly trained schmucks who just read from a very limited script. Its much better to just come here if you have a problem, we know more than tech support, lol...

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 12-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
....don't ever listen to tech support. They're usually just poorly trained schmucks who just read from a very limited script. Its much better to just come here if you have a problem, we know more than tech support, lol...
So true....I like to hang out with smart people - that's why I keep coming back to PPCGeeks day after day!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2