PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bhare1985 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint WM 6.1 - Animated Backgrounds.

I am pretty contempt with the Stock ROM, its fast and I like everything about it except that I would love to have some animated backgrounds. I also wouldnt mind placing app shortcuts here and there. I dislike the Program launcher (Start Menu..All Programs..1 column, id perfer 3-4 columns).

I have Sprint WM 6.1 with the HTC Touch Pro 2 Cleanup and a few customizations. Its my understanding I have to flash the ROM to get Manila 2.5 which has animated backgrounds, but I heard it will run slower.

What is the best recommendation for me? Do I need to upgrade to WM 6.5, despite no official release from Sprint?
Old 02-28-2010, 02:30 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Sprint WM 6.1 - Animated Backgrounds.

i use spb mobile shell on stock. its like having a droid home screen. you get a few home screens to put shortcuts in. but it doesnt animate your background. the closest to that your gonna get is the screen carousel. but even with that, you have to manually spin it...lol. but animation not a big deal for me though. my main thing was like you not having to open up the programs folder. but spb ms is not free though. costs $30.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 02-28-2010, 02:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

bhare1985 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
Flash a Sense 2.1 ROM..It runs fine and has animated wallpaper that you seek..along with many other updates.
Whats the most basic Sense 2.1 ROM? Any links?
Old 02-28-2010, 02:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhare1985 View Post
Whats the most basic Sense 2.1 ROM? Any links?
MightyROM is my favorite by far. The thread has answers to any question you may have so the transition should be pretty painless. If your not sure of what you are doing, just search and read the thread.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79579

Edit: crap, you want animated wallpapers. Yeah, you need Sense 2.5 for that. Sense 2.1 will give you animated weather. My bad. As far as 2.5 goes, it is my opinion that none are super smooth or stable. Go with 2.1, you will def enjoy it over stock.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley

Last edited by mulhiny; 02-28-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

physicsguy is just getting started

Mr. X 2.5 ROM has been working very well for me. If you want animated backgrounds you might want to give it or one of the new MightyRom 2.5 ROMS a try.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2