PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

yonif99 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Insurance will send me a new phone??? Cant sell!

So I cracked the screen, so now all I see is cracks and lines. But everything else works (at least calling-i just open the keyboard). So two q's do I tell them it broke and keep ot for no reason? I mean i cant sell it bc it has my stored email passwords and if i sell it and the guy fixes it he'll have my info. Also sprint said theyll send me a new one bc they dont have refurbs in stock. I thought u get a new one anyways? Bc I wanted to get the new one, sell it, and buy the TP new.
What I mean is, I have the TP2, and want a new TP (not refurb!)

Last edited by yonif99; 02-28-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:10 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Insurance will send me a new phone??? Cant sell!

when you make an insurance claim on your phone, you are sent a refurb. unless like the rep said that the only thing in stock is a new unit. but no, you will rarely get a new one. and as far as your old device, you will be required to send it back so they can fix it and have it refurbished so they can use it as insurance replacement for others. as far as your stored info, have you tried doing the three finger twister to do a hard reset to bring it back to factory settings?

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 02-28-2010, 02:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Well you know when you get insurance its not to make a profit its to replace your current device. If getting a replace phone is not what you wanted then you should probably just cancel your insurance.

Droidrox39
Old 02-28-2010, 02:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If you dropped and cracked the phone you will have to make a claim and pay the $100 deductible. If you don't want to send the phone back in you will have to claim that you lost it. The ESN will be blacklisted and will never be able to be activated, but you will at least be able to keep it.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 02-28-2010, 02:27 PM
VIP Member

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
If you dropped and cracked the phone you will have to make a claim and pay the $100 deductible. If you don't want to send the phone back in you will have to claim that you lost it. The ESN will be blacklisted and will never be able to be activated, but you will at least be able to keep it.

Ya next time I'm going to claim lost so I wont have to send it back. Its too risky if it gets lost in the mail they will charge you a small fortune.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:39 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

also a question comes to mind that, if you wanted a TP, why didnt you just get that in the first place?
Old 02-28-2010, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

yonif99 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
also a question comes to mind that, if you wanted a TP, why didnt you just get that in the first place?
I had the TP, lasted for bout a yr b4 too many problems. So after i sent it in and had 4 phones in 2 weeks they promised me a NIB TP, but then said, no actually well send u a NIB TP2, if u renew contacrt. They snet a refurb and its horrible. They made me take it to a store where the guy said hell try to get me a new one. I said I dont like thewse features, i want a new TP, he said hell call me back, nvr did.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:17 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonif99 View Post
I had the TP, lasted for bout a yr b4 too many problems. So after i sent it in and had 4 phones in 2 weeks they promised me a NIB TP, but then said, no actually well send u a NIB TP2, if u renew contacrt. They snet a refurb and its horrible. They made me take it to a store where the guy said hell try to get me a new one. I said I dont like thewse features, i want a new TP, he said hell call me back, nvr did.
sounds like whoever you talked to took you for a ride, hook line & sinker. they played you my friend. a lot of members here went through the same way as you in getting their tp2 (defective tp) and they were upgraded to the tp2 without renewing their contract. one thing you got going for you is you talked to a rep at the store. try to get him to correct things. go back there and let him know youve been waiting for him to call you back. have you had the phone less than 30 days?
Old 02-28-2010, 03:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Ya next time I'm going to claim lost so I wont have to send it back. Its too risky if it gets lost in the mail they will charge you a small fortune.
Always send it insured, and return receipt and signature required. They sent me an envelope to send my 6700 in. I put the address on a box, and brought it to the post office.

Old 02-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You can hard reset your phone...press and hold the talk, end and power button. Then after the reset screen loads you just press the power button.

However, like stated, insurance will make the ESN unusable, so you won't be able to sell it. If you're halfway decent with electronics, you can buy a new screen on ebay for $20 and replace it yourself. Much cheaper than the $100 deductible through insurance.

Last edited by awenthol; 02-28-2010 at 05:19 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2