PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Quick Bluetooth On/Off (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112391)

mxcrowe 02-27-2010 10:08 PM

Quick Bluetooth On/Off

I had this nice app on my Fuze called BTonoff.exe, which allowed me to put a shortcut on my start menu so I could easily switch the Bluetooth radio on and off. I only turned it on when I used my headset in the car. Is there something similar for the TP2? The old app would not work for me on the new phone.
Is it worth turning the BT radio on and off, or does it not really drain much battery power even if left on all the time?

Paragon 02-27-2010 10:20 PM

Re: Quick Bluetooth On/Off

1 Attachment(s)
Bluetooth will drain your battery.

Here is a cab that will install shortcuts to toggle wifi and/or Blutooth. You can then link to them from your most convenient spot.

I would gladly credit whoever made it but I can't remember where I found it.

auburnmk 02-27-2010 10:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a cab someone put together that just ceates a shortcut that turns bluetooth on/off, hence "toggle". Extremely small footprint.

Again, I am not taking credit for someone else's work, just "paying it forward" as all the kids say....lol

Hope this helps!

andrewtheman 02-27-2010 11:39 PM

The Rhodium keyboard manager app also gives you a way to quickly toggle BT. My 'back' button (next to the bottom power key), for example is set to toggle bluetooth with a long press, and Wifi with a double click.

ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Touch%20Pro%202/U...ntrol_CDMA.cab

mxcrowe 02-27-2010 11:51 PM

Thanks for all the replies! Great stuff...
For my use, if I can get the back button to toggle BT with a long hold, that will be awesome (and Andrewtheman, you are Andrewtheman!)

effortless 02-27-2010 11:52 PM

Rhodium keyboard manager makes the TP2 so much more efficient. I use double click mute button (the one on the back) for bluetooth and triple click for wifi... also for long hold I make it open the camera app and then if you hold it while the cam is open, it will take a picture.

mxcrowe 02-28-2010 12:09 AM

Andrew, you are the man! That worked perfectly and is so cool. Yeah, the keyboard config tool is fantastic. I only have that one key mapped, but it is worth it already! Not only did you get me the functionality I was looking for from my Fuze, you took it to the next level!!

mswlogo 02-28-2010 02:19 AM

Bt will not drain your battery if you have a good rom. I have seen some roms where bt will drain battery. My wife went 2.5 days on standby with bt on and was at 90% battery.

mxcrowe 02-28-2010 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mswlogo (Post 1596883)
Bt will not drain your battery if you have a good rom. I have seen some roms where bt will drain battery. My wife went 2.5 days on standby with bt on and was at 90% battery.

Good info...would be interesting to see some data on battery consumption with various elements of the board switched on and off. I would have to assume that when out of standby, the BT radio consumes something, even if you are not actually using it. I guess there is also the minor security issue of being "on" all the time, though maybe not such an issue if you are not "discoverable".