PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 11:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Jayaatu MMS for Sprint, Sense 2.5.2012 (not a "can i haz mms" thread)

So if I'm not mistaken, we now have a version of Sense 2.5 that is native to the Rhodium, if this is true, shouldn't we be able to get the MMS working? I know development kind of dead ended on this but that was when we were still using packages from the Leo. Am I way off here or should this be possible now?
Old 02-25-2010, 12:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 @_@

johnnyeoneal is keeping up the good workjohnnyeoneal is keeping up the good work
Re: Jayaatu MMS for Sprint, Sense 2.5.2012 (not a "can i haz mms" thread)

I don't have a rpoblem with mms and I've been on 2.5 for months now. When I flash I start with installing 2 .cab files, I make 1 change to my mms server settings and mms works with every rom I use. Currently on Nrg feb.22nd version downloading the feb.24th now, and on some roms the Neodium and others mms works out of box already... I know this doesn't answer your ? but if there is anything I can do as far as guiding you to get it working I will be glad to share as I'm not the only one with it working many on SPJ have it working and many on here as well I'm sure. Well good luck, and I'm sure as time passes it will become easier for chefs to incorporate some of this but the reason why most don't already is these roms are universal roms, and the mms settings are different per carrier... so the roms that have mms working out of box are native to the carrier specified, Neodium is Sprint only rom since mms is set out of box to work..

If anyone has helped you, please don't forget the thanks button. I work at Sprint so if there is anything I can do or info I can give contribute to this site please feel free.

=D>

Old 02-25-2010, 01:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

wud_e is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

For both of you, are you Talking Window Mobile Native MMS or HTC Messaging MMS?
Old 02-25-2010, 01:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Jayaatu = HTC Messaging. Anyways, I understand that I can get it working, and I know how to do this, but I hate having both arcsoft and HTC messages. It just bothers me so much that we can't get it working 100% for Sprint through HTC's client. It SHOULD work!
Old 02-25-2010, 02:35 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

just replied to this same question is decks rom thread.

that rhodium your talking bout is GSM, so no it wont work (as of yet and possibly never) that is until we get a sense 2.5 rom for CDMA or sprint helps us out (kinda how verizon can get it to work)

sorry
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO SHIFT 4G

dizidi is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
just replied to this same question is decks rom thread.

that rhodium your talking bout is GSM, so no it wont work (as of yet and possibly never) that is until we get a sense 2.5 rom for CDMA or sprint helps us out (kinda how verizon can get it to work)

sorry
Thats correct, not just CDMA, but a Sprint supported version of updated Manilla.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I see, makes sense (no pun intended). So at this point it's safe to assume that the sprint update will include 2.5?
Old 02-25-2010, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g/HTC TP 2

navymarvin is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to navymarvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCotta View Post
I see, makes sense (no pun intended). So at this point it's safe to assume that the sprint update will include 2.5?

I wouldnt assume people will tell you it will people will tel you it wont the only way we will find out is when its released from Sprint. I hope that a Sense 2.5 CDMA version is released so that people can find something new to bicker back and forth about. I wish we could get it to work but for now we only have the various work around thats people have found for HTC Messaging.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2