PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My over the top flash procedure

I see a lot of people struggle with different problems so I just thought I would share what I do after a flash. I'm a small business (telecom) owner and need my phone to work everyday. I've used NRG ROMs for a long time and 98% of the time I never have any kind of issues other than some cosmetic issues which are totally out of NRG's control.

First off - I never use any kind of UC loading on a flash. I just don't have that many apps or tweaks that need to be loaded. I have 3 email accounts I track on my phone. One is an exchange account the other 2 are pop3 updating every 15 minutes. I use Google maps, Bing and I rely on my contact list a lot. I have all 7 of my weather cities and my twitter update evey hour. I use WiFi tethering 4-5 hours a day and I have two 3rd party billing and time tracking programs that always work fine. Basically my data is on all day. I never turn it off.

I don't use MMS or facebook integration so I never have to deal with that not working - Although it seems to me there are plenty of fixes out there for those that do.

This may seem basic or excessive to some, but it has served me well. And my phone last all day on a charge with moderate call use and one small reg edit.

First I back up my contacts, tasks and appointments using PIM backup. Problems have been reported, and I have had them, backing up call history, messages, speed dials or anything else.

I then do a clear storage and flash the new ROM.
First thing I do on boot is go to the weather tab, add my local city, and update the weather. Then go back to the home tab, hit the clock, and change the world clock to that city. Then soft reset.
I then change my wallpaper and soft reset
Next I use PIM backup to restore my backup and soft reset.
I then add my exchange account and pop3 accounts and soft reset.
I then rearange my home screen tabs and soft reset
Next, I go to the pictures and music tabs and let it build the database, then soft reset
I then set the ringer to my son's bands newest song, set my notifications, and - thats right - soft reset

After that I load any icon packs or cabs and soft reset.

You get the idea............

I know it seems basic, but either I'm very lucky not having problems, or taking the extra time to go one step at a time works good for me.

Well, that's kind of a beer induced rant - I feel much better
Old 03-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My over the top flash procedure

I prefer the one step at a time method also and it always serves me well. The only thing I may do diff is my exchange server holds all my contact/calendar etc info so I just resync in five min I'm back up. I reload a few apps one at a time as you said. Works well, no issues.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2