PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 05:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Current TP2 owners--Best and Worst Phone

Just for fun...wanted to see what fellow TP2 owners think the best and worst phone they have ever owned is? Please exclude your TP2...I automatically assume you consider it the best, else you'd be using something else..

It can be smartphones, dumb phones, PPCs, etc...

I think my favorite would be the Moto Razr. In it's day it was perfect for me...

Worst would be the original Keyocera Slider...tiny little keys and it fell apart like nothing.

LET'S HEAR THEM...what are yours?
Old 02-28-2010, 06:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

emerald is keeping up the good workemerald is keeping up the good work
Re: Current TP2 owners--Best and Worst Phone

Considering I've only ever had 4 devices total in these categories, including the TP2, this is easy.

Worst is my first phone, the vx6100. Basic phone to do basic things. At the time I was happy just to be allowed a cell phone.

Best device is the hp ipaq hx4700. First ppc I bought with my own money. Was totally worth it and what got me into ppcs in general. Now I can never go back to anything less.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

my best phone was 6700 ( pound for pound) when it came out it was before its time!! number two was my sprint 6900 that was also on verizon!!

my worst phone was the touch pro!! i had a sprint tp on verizon and i didnt have hardware problems but it over heated just from charging also all the features of the phone were never fully exploited ( like the touch dpad it was touch sensitive)

Old 02-28-2010, 06:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

hathetran is becoming a great contributor

my best phone was probably the tmobile dash..damn i loved that thing..wifi, qwerty without sliding out the keyboard, and ran emulators perfectly

hmm..worst phone..i kinda like them all but if i had to say one..it would probably be the htc mogul..i loved it until the crappy keyboard went out on me and it was never the same
Old 02-28-2010, 06:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

My best phone is my TP2, but if there was another it would be the BB Curve 8330. If it had flash I would still have it.

The worse phone... I guess it would be the Dell Axim x51v. I never could get it to call out or receive calls.

Before you cry out what a dumb a$$ I am, I know that it was a PDA and not a phone. But I don't think I ever owned a bad phone.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC
Carrier: sprint

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep

best phone was my sanyo scp-???? old school flip...played mp3s (LOUDLY)... opera mini was usable+/-...and best of all i dropped it down a 5 story elevator shaft, went down put it all back together, screen was undamaged and it worked perfectly until i got my 6800 mogul... which was my worst phone looked cool but anything other than surfing the web it sucked, no ram. hmm kinda reminds me of the device i have now? go figure.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3

Robodoc82 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oditius View Post
My best phone is my TP2, but if there was another it would be the BB Curve 8330. If it had flash I would still have it.

The worse phone... I guess it would be the Dell Axim x51v. I never could get it to call out or receive calls.

Before you cry out what a dumb a$$ I am, I know that it was a PDA and not a phone. But I don't think I ever owned a bad phone.
LOL! I had the same combo, crappy cell phone and Axim X51V. Put them together in the Mogul 6800. Loved that phone but the TP2 is so much better. Worst cell I ever had was a STARtac.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Worst phone by far was the Samsung A460... It would heat up and the battery would die super fast and I was at the sprint store like every other day getting a replacement. No reception ANYWHERE lol.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Best phone ever before my TP and TP2 was my workhorse... Motorola Startac. Small (wearable was the claim) Holster design... Dropped a million times never stopped working. Got reception EVERYWHERE. Became a "smartphone" with the addition of the clip on organizer. Replaced the antenna with a metal one a blue led one and a black one and even a big thumb screw from the back of a PC case (for that industrial look) lol.
I absolutely loved it. Still have the organizer and like 3 extra batteries if anyone is interested. lol
p.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

natataka is a n00b

worst phone ever. Sprint Samsung 3500. this pos broke all the time. i must have replaced it 4 time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2