PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 02:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: .
Carrier: .

marke is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Data and Voice at the same time?

Hey all,

On my old PPC 6700 CDMA phone I ran HTC Apache (WM 6.1) and there was some registry flag that I set to make data and voice work at the same time. That was a really cool feature. Is there a similar setting for TP2?
Old 02-23-2010, 02:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Data and Voice at the same time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marke View Post
Hey all,

On my old PPC 6700 CDMA phone I ran HTC Apache (WM 6.1) and there was some registry flag that I set to make data and voice work at the same time. That was a really cool feature. Is there a similar setting for TP2?
Bottomline, with CDMA (Sprint & Verizon)? Not going to happen. Network limitation, you can't do 1xRTT (voice & text) and EvDO (data) at the SAME time.

GSM (AT&T & T-Mobile)? Sure why not.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: .
Carrier: .
Threadstarter

marke is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedusa View Post
Bottomline, with CDMA (Sprint & Verizon)? Not going to happen. Network limitation, you can't do 1xRTT (voice & text) and EvDO (data) at the SAME time.
Worked fine on Cricket's network - on my PPC 6700. So I don't see why it couldn't work on a TP2. I can't find the old reg hack that I did on the 6700 though. I will add though that when I did this data reverted to 1x, which is fine as long as I could use the Internet and have a call underway at the same time.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:00 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

Rhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Give up man like he said earlier it will never work on cdma without a modulation change with the carriers.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6875
Carrier: uscc

dude420420 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by marke View Post
Hey all,

On my touch pro 2 with uscc, it can use data while on the phone. When making calls / texting it uses the 1x connection (you can literally see it switch from EV to 1x) and it worked the same on my ppc6700. i think its more if your carrier will support it or not.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think you guys are confusing a paused data connection with an active one.

As has been pointed out, CDMA networks can't use 1X (voice and text) and EVDO (3G data) at the same time. It is a limitation of the network.

They can, however, pause the data connection when they switch. So if you have an active download, it stop, and when the call is done, it will pick up where it left off.

You guys that say it works- try watching your slingbox when a call comes in. It can't happen.

This is one of the huge advantages of GSM over CDMA. You can use both at the same time no problem on a GSM network.

If there really is a reg setting to make the data use 1x whilke on the phone, I'd love to have that reg setting. I don't believe it though.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:20 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

Rhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

There isn't any magically registry settings. I think you can do txt messages while on a call but data is IMPOSSIBLE with CDMA.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It was actually a setting that allowed voice calls to interrupt an active EVDO connection. Being one of the first EVDO devices, not all the kinks were quite worked out when it launched. One of the bugs being that voice calls (1x) would simply be ignored if EVDO was active. The entry allowed calls to "ring-through" (pause) an EVDO connection. Search for "ring-through hack" and I bet you find some results.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6875
Carrier: uscc

dude420420 is just getting started

Hmm I just tested it and it didn't work . I swear it did work while using the PPC6700....
Old 02-23-2010, 06:54 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Actually, the technology is coming soon for CDMA devices. The technology will be called SVDO (simultaneous 1X Voice and EV-DO Data) . Do a search for SVDO here on PPCGEEKS. I have a thread about it. But currently CDMA is not capable.

"A complementary device enhancement known as simultaneous 1X Voice and EV-DO Data (SVDO) will also become available during the same timeframe and will enable CDMA2000 devices to access EV-DO packet data services while in an active 1X circuit-switch voice call. For example, users will be able to send emails or access the Web while on voice calls; phones with GPS can update maps or download real-time traffic information while on voice calls, etc. This device enhancement, which enables these concurrent voice and data services, is independent of the air link standard and infrastructure."

http://cdg.org/news/press/2009/Aug17_09.asp

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 02-23-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2