PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

nyCecilia is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
mp3 player & connectors question

Hi all,

2 questions, if you've got a sec or two. First is I've started using my TP2 as an mp3 player in the car and it ROCKS! Only problem is, I like to have it both playing (connected via miniRCA) and charging (usb) while in the car, for obvious reasons.

If I have both connectors connected, I get a hissy squeeky noise. I'm assuming this is some sort of interference in the wiring or some such between the two, 'cause if I have just one connected, it doesn't matter either one, I don't get the sound.

First question: Is there any way to eliminate the noise? Or maybe dampen it?

Next, I've tried a few players, but having a hard time making up my mind. Best case scenario would be id3 tag support, including Lyric tag support, low power usage. I don't necessarily need all the fancy video support, or anything other than mp3 codec. WMP doesn't seem to do it for me, Nitrogen is nice and light, but has no tag support at all (doesn't even display my album art, although not important to me), Kinoma Play ate my battery like crazy (less than 2 hours it was drained), and I can't quite interpret Mortplayer enough to trust to install it just yet, nor can I tell if it has lyrics support.

The one I like best so far is PocketPlayer, mostly because of tag and Lyric tag support. Only problem is it's $20. I have no problem supporting developers, but before I plunk down that sort of cash, I need to somehow make sure there isn't a player out there that might be better. Pocket Player is okay, but I find its interface to be a little clunky/confusing, but the id3/lyrics tag support makes it rock.

So my second question: Is there any other player out there that I haven't tried yet that has Lyrics tag support but doesn't eat up battery power like it's going out of style? I was reading that there was some sort of lyrics support in TCMCP, but couldn't figure out what to do in order to do it. I tried searching the Coreplayer website to see if it suppported lyrics tags, but didn't find any evidence.

Thank you for any input or help you can offer!
Old 02-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb
Re: mp3 player & connectors question

keep your 5v and audio as seperated as possible.
I hooked a 12v supply from battery to a distro block for other bits of car audio, I used this to supply my car charger and it physically seperated the audio lead and the power lead and with the clean supply the interferance went away.
You may want to try some sort of noise supressor in the 12v supply to your car cigarette lighter, you can pick them up from radioshack.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

as far as the noise, you need a noise filter. i've been using wmp for 3 years, it does what i need.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex jb View Post
keep your 5v and audio as seperated as possible.
I hooked a 12v supply from battery to a distro block for other bits of car audio, I used this to supply my car charger and it physically seperated the audio lead and the power lead and with the clean supply the interferance went away.
You may want to try some sort of noise supressor in the 12v supply to your car cigarette lighter, you can pick them up from radioshack.
Thanks! I'm trying to figure out what all of this means I found this for the audio part: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-x4VNkEa...se-Filter.html
but I haven't yet found one for the power. I have a device that fits into my cigarette lighter that gives me 2 usb power slots, that's what I'm using for power. Would the noise filter that I'm looking for go in the cigarette lighter? or in the USB slot?

The radioshack website isn't much help. I don't want to go to the store without having some idea of what I'm looking for, the people at our neighborhood one are easily confused
Old 02-22-2010, 09:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
i've been using wmp for 3 years, it does what i need.
Thanks, but can you see lyrics tags in it? If you can, then how?
Old 02-23-2010, 02:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro2

amart79196 is keeping up the good workamart79196 is keeping up the good work

SUPER SIMPLE AND EASY FIX:

-go to radio shack and buy yourself a ground loop isolator. It will come with a 3.5mm end and a RF (red/white) on the other end. Since your car will have probably an AUX in which is also a 3.5mm, the RF (white/Red) cable will not fit in for obvious reasons. Radio Shack will also sell a ocnverter (black in color, probably an inch and a half big, hard black plastic converter that will couple the red/white cables to a 3.5 jack.

Should cost no more then 25 dollars and works like a charm!!!
Old 02-23-2010, 04:15 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyCecilia View Post
Thanks, but can you see lyrics tags in it? If you can, then how?
I can't, but I already know the words or lyrics! try this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=107704

Last edited by Dr.8820; 02-23-2010 at 04:17 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
I can't, but I already know the words or lyrics! try this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=107704
hahahaha! Yeah, but there's a little learning curve when new ones come out

The problem is that a lot of my music is in other languages and not easily looked up in an online db. So when I get the lyrics, I put them into the tags (through MediaMonkey) for future reference.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out!
Old 02-23-2010, 08:49 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

smart lyrics is really good too. it gets lyrics for the song that is playing in manial instaqntly
Old 02-24-2010, 02:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
smart lyrics is really good too. it gets lyrics for the song that is playing in manial instaqntly
Cool. Any hints on which file to use? There's like 4 or 5 in the XDA thread. I've been skipping a lot of probably really cool software because I can't figure out which file to use, even after reading the entire thread :-/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2