PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 01:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

cmptekinc is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 - little annoyance

Hey guys,

I'm new to ppcgeeks. Overall I love this phone, I do have one issue and was wondering if anybody knows of a fix...
I frequently have to check my office voice mail and it requires punching in a extension number, and quite a few prompts. The problem is that whever I call in and then go to the prompts the display turns off and on, sort of like flickers, then I have to press the phone button to bring up the phone option (while I'm still in call) and then the hit the keypad. As i get to the next prompt in the V.M. system I have to repeat the above many times, this is starting to get frastrating...
The only work around I found so far is to keep the slideout keyboard open for the duration of the call and use the slide out keyboard to answer all of the prompts.... I had to do this while I was meeting with the new vendor and to tell you the truth, they thought I was nuts....
Anybody knows how to fix it ? or am i doing something wrong ?
Old 02-19-2010, 01:38 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: TP2 - little annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptekinc View Post
Hey guys,

I'm new to ppcgeeks. Overall I love this phone, I do have one issue and was wondering if anybody knows of a fix...
I frequently have to check my office voice mail and it requires punching in a extension number, and quite a few prompts. The problem is that whever I call in and then go to the prompts the display turns off and on, sort of like flickers, then I have to press the phone button to bring up the phone option (while I'm still in call) and then the hit the keypad. As i get to the next prompt in the V.M. system I have to repeat the above many times, this is starting to get frastrating...
The only work around I found so far is to keep the slideout keyboard open for the duration of the call and use the slide out keyboard to answer all of the prompts.... I had to do this while I was meeting with the new vendor and to tell you the truth, they thought I was nuts....
Anybody knows how to fix it ? or am i doing something wrong ?

see this thread & my post #16 to see if that works & let us know! thanks:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...28#post1576828
Old 02-19-2010, 02:28 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

I tried #2 from the same thread, I think it works. I did notice that as soon as I bring the phone to my ear the display turns off as soon as I move it away it turns back on. The one other thing that I did notice is that I need to enter ** from keypad prior to inserting my VM password, but insetad of a 8 "asterisk" it inserts "P"
I had the same issue with TP1 also
I will post back after I try it out a few more times...
Thanks for the link, I really appreciate it. Even with using ** from the actual keyboard is already a heck of a let less hassle then trying to brin the keypad back up so many time...
Old 02-19-2010, 02:39 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptekinc View Post
I tried #2 from the same thread, I think it works. I did notice that as soon as I bring the phone to my ear the display turns off as soon as I move it away it turns back on. The one other thing that I did notice is that I need to enter ** from keypad prior to inserting my VM password, but insetad of a 8 "asterisk" it inserts "P"
I had the same issue with TP1 also
I will post back after I try it out a few more times...
Thanks for the link, I really appreciate it. Even with using ** from the actual keyboard is already a heck of a let less hassle then trying to brin the keypad back up so many time...
So the zeynee cab worked preliminarily? Good to know!
Old 02-19-2010, 02:41 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Something did happen though. I did a soft reset and everything on the phone seems a lot smaller, including the Start icon items. I increased the text from All Settings/System/Screen/Text Size to largest that helped a little bit, but still not the size everything was originally. Anyway to adjust the size for everything to be a little bigger, I think I'm overlooking a setting somewhere...
Old 02-19-2010, 04:23 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Well it seemed to work for a little while but then started acting up after another soft reset. The fix that I used was from comment#2 of the thread that was mentioned, not the #16
I think in #16 you need a registry editor which I haven't installed yet. Also, the size of my icons seems to have been reverted to the original settings, also seemed to have happened after soft reset. So, I will try the other fix later and will post back with the results.

Thanks again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2