PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 09:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

emkorial is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Which ROM do you run?

I'll be getting a TP2 soon, wondering which ROM to flash. I want no extra programs in the ROM, I basically want it as stock as possible, just without the stupid programs they load on the carrier ROMs. I'll install everything I need via cab. I am looking for a fast, stable ROM with TF3D (is that called SenseUI now?) and that's it.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800 > omnia i910 > Touch Pro 2 & Motorola DROID
Carrier: Verizon

jer07734 is keeping up the good workjer07734 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jer07734 Send a message via Yahoo to jer07734
Re: Which ROM do you run?

try silence or might rom's newest
Old 02-17-2010, 09:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

if you want sense 2.1 mighty and if you want 2.5 mighty war.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

what is Sense 2.1 and sense 2.5? And what is Manilla?
Old 02-17-2010, 09:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Also, not having a stupid graphic on the phones startup would be a nice to have
Old 02-17-2010, 09:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Calkulin. Any version works as he does a great job and gives you all the options with his Kitchen.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:33 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkorial View Post
what is Sense 2.1 and sense 2.5? And what is Manilla?
Sense is just HTC's new name for tf3d, manila is the code name for tf3d. Sense adds some new features to 2.1 like weather animations under the clock. You definately want sense, i would go for 2.5 2012 if you want sense (manila) 2.5 and 2.1 1921, those seem to be the most stable.

Im running my own rom created with bepe's platform rebuilder and raid's/my own custom scripts. manila 2.5 2012 with 23534 sys. Running very nicely might release it.

Last edited by bikeandestroyx; 02-17-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:41 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

MightyROM hands down has been my most stable, fastest, flashed ROM as of yet... Others are definitely nice and work fine, but for some reason I always find myself flashing back to Mighty's ROM's...

Old 02-17-2010, 09:55 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: at&t:HTC Aria waiting for WP7 to Arrive
Carrier: at&t

Oridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
MightyROM hands down has been my most stable, fastest, flashed ROM as of yet... Others are definitely nice and work fine, but for some reason I always find myself flashing back to Mighty's ROM's...
I just flashed my first rom two days ago. It was Mighty's. Since then i've flashed and played with 7 others. For some reason, Mighty's is the most "comfortable" when it comes to setup, runs the fastest after I get everything installed... and probably is the easiest for me to get setup with Sprint. For some reason, I have a feeling i'm going to be sticking with Mighty's. However, I did try Mighty's War, and I REALLY want Manila 2.5, however right after I flashed, provisioned... I was trying to text, and the whole sytem bogged down super hard core, even after soft and hard resets. So I just flashed back to his Manila 2.1 :-\ Kinda upset, I REALLY like the setup of War, and would love to give 2.5 a really good whirl.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
Sense is just HTC's new name for tf3d, manila is the code name for tf3d. Sense adds some new features to 2.1 like weather animations under the clock. You definately want sense, i would go for 2.5 2012 if you want sense (manila) 2.5 and 2.1 1921, those seem to be the most stable.

Im running my own rom created with bepe's platform rebuilder and raid's/my own custom scripts. manila 2.5 2012 with 23534 sys. Running very nicely might release it.

So SenseUI, TouchFlo3D, and Manila are just different names for the same thing?

And the latest Sense/TF3D/Manila on the stock TP2 6.5 ROMS is 2.1, but 2.5 is out for other devices and is available on some ROMS. Is that right?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2