PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Sleep OF Death! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=111147)

kidwolf908 02-17-2010 05:13 PM

Sleep OF Death!

You all know what it is... why is it plaguing my TP2?!?

I recently upgraded (2-3 weeks ago) to VZW's 6.5 and for the past week, I have been getting at least 1-2 SOD's each day. Sometimes 5 or so!!!

If you don't know what I am talking about, the sleep of death is a condition where you hit the screen off/sleep button and afterward, the phone never wakes up! If you pull out the stylus,t he buttons will light and if you hit the end key, it will tell you to press the backlight button to turn on the screen, but doing so never wakes the phone up!

I have heard that disabling Sense 2.1's animated weather on the home screen fixes this, but I have tried it and can verify that it does not solve the problem.

Does anyone have any idea of a fix for this?

***This never happened on my TP2 when I was on VZW 6.1***

aj48198 02-17-2010 05:38 PM

Re: Sleep OF Death!

It may be an issue with you lock screen if you have it installed. It did that with my phone until I uninstalled that app. But at the same time, I am on Sprint and using a custom rom so my solution could be way off compared to your problem. But its worth looking into.

anand525 02-17-2010 05:46 PM

do the flash dance and/or change custom rom you're on.

QMeli907 02-17-2010 05:53 PM

I've heard once that it was caused from having an auto disconnect data cab on your device. I had this issue, so i removed this file, and everything worked just peachy

kidwolf908 02-17-2010 06:40 PM

see this is what sucks. i dont run a custom rom. i also don't have any special lockscreen installed apart from lockdevice 1.6 so the device locks when i turn off the backlight.

I also don't run a custom rom so I don't know why I would have to do the flash dance.

I also don't have the data disconnect cab installed :-/

I will try uninstalling my lockscreen, but that can't be a permanent fix because the 6.5 lockscreen is perfect for me.

kabuk1 02-17-2010 06:53 PM

Do you underclock by any chance? I've noticed that I get the sleep of death when I underclock my phone too much. Anything lower than 384mhz gives me problems.

Barring that, I'd try flashing a custom ROM(they're often better than stock, especially on Verizon), and just install programs one by one till you narrow down the culprit. Sometimes the most random programs can cause issues like this.

kidwolf908 02-17-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kabuk1 (Post 1572862)
Do you underclock by any chance? I've noticed that I get the sleep of death when I underclock my phone too much. Anything lower than 384mhz gives me problems.

Barring that, I'd try flashing a custom ROM(they're often better than stock, especially on Verizon), and just install programs one by one till you narrow down the culprit. Sometimes the most random programs can cause issues like this.

I don't underclock the phone at all... in fact I had no idea you could even do that. would you mind pointing me in the direction of that thread?

Also, i'm kicking around the idea of moving to sense 2.5 anyway, so I might make the jump and see if this problem goes away.

cbreze 02-17-2010 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidwolf908 (Post 1572573)

Does anyone have any idea of a fix for this?

***This never happened on my TP2 when I was on VZW 6.1***

Sorry for your issue, and I have a comment only, I could not handle all the various little issues I seemed to pick up when I tried the verizon 6.5 oem rom. I know alot rave about it and thats fine. I tried several customs and found alot of peace and stability. I'm currently back on 6.1 oem and was wondering if you'd tried flashing back. yeah, it's 6.1 but imho, so what? It works and works very fine. If you haven't tried it you should then flash forward again if you want, that might help also.... cheers

eman 02-17-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kabuk1 (Post 1572862)

I understand better battery possibly, but I cannot imagine under-clocking a TP2. That would be scary......

bastian74 02-17-2010 09:27 PM

mine does that some times, sprint stock tp2 6.1 i have a lock program too. not s2u the other main one. i noticed it happens more if i sleep the phone while its very busy, like if i open or close an app without waiting for it to complete or if i sleep while still booting up