PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2010, 04:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

fastmike is keeping up the good workfastmike is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sleep OF Death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadlife View Post
If it is ROM versions that cause the problem, then the HTC 2.07.xx ROM, which my ROM is based on, is definitely causing SODs.

Regarding lockdevice, I only used it for a short time a week or so ago and switched back to smartlock, so I'm not sure if I actually had a SOD while using it.

May I ask which WM build you are using?
Running latest MightyRom 6.5 build 21889
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafester View Post
just wondering why you guys are so set on using a lock program?
don't use one, don't need one and have never had sod errors.
of course i would never use a stock rom either so that may have something to do with it.

just seems like if you are having problems stop using the software that is causing them.
I use lockdevice, which triggers the WM6.5 lock when I turn the screen off.

Manually locking the phone is a pain and another step.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache(PPC6700)->Touch Pro-> TP2-> Arrive
Carrier: sprint

Esmartuek is a n00b

all these replies and nobody bothered to suggest shaking the device. Haven't you all heard of the side-to-side accellerometer lock? I realized after a few times of shaking it in frustration that it was instantly working afterwards.
I used to use goodthings2life's cleanup... but sbp mobile shell fubared my os when I used it, now I run mostly stock everything from my last hard reset.

I know the SMS lag is painful... I had mine up to over 45sec mid-convo. I could tell I was recieving a text cause my text entry paused on screen, 10sec later I got the sound, another 10-20 I got top notification, 30-40sec elapse til I get my typing back... and if I was already talking to them, I got their message in thread over 1.5min after it all.
It's bloat in your SMS box. your phone, like it or not, is trying it's damnedest to sort and organize the messages in real time. Delete your history and it all becomes instant, I deleted over 13,000 text messages and it's like a new phone. Lets pray MyPhone doesnt put them back =
Old 07-03-2010, 12:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

aiiee is keeping up the good workaiiee is keeping up the good work

shaking does nothing on my TP2
Old 07-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: T-Mobile Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

toadlife is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafester View Post
just wondering why you guys are so set on using a lock program?
don't use one, don't need one and have never had sod errors.
of course i would never use a stock rom either so that may have something to do with it.

just seems like if you are having problems stop using the software that is causing them.
The lock programs are not causing the SODs. As for why, many people like their devices to lock automatically when they go to sleep. It prevents pocket/"butt" dialing and in the case of playing music, pocket/"butt" track play/pause/changing.

Anyhow, I changed the ROM up so it was using the OEMXIPKernel from the T-Mobile 1.91 ROM instead of then HTC 2.07 ROM and I've gone through a whole day without a SOD. So far, so good.

Last edited by toadlife; 07-03-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmartuek View Post
all these replies and nobody bothered to suggest shaking the device. Haven't you all heard of the side-to-side accellerometer lock? I realized after a few times of shaking it in frustration that it was instantly working afterwards.
I used to use goodthings2life's cleanup... but sbp mobile shell fubared my os when I used it, now I run mostly stock everything from my last hard reset.

I know the SMS lag is painful... I had mine up to over 45sec mid-convo. I could tell I was recieving a text cause my text entry paused on screen, 10sec later I got the sound, another 10-20 I got top notification, 30-40sec elapse til I get my typing back... and if I was already talking to them, I got their message in thread over 1.5min after it all.
It's bloat in your SMS box. your phone, like it or not, is trying it's damnedest to sort and organize the messages in real time. Delete your history and it all becomes instant, I deleted over 13,000 text messages and it's like a new phone. Lets pray MyPhone doesnt put them back =
MyPhone should detect that you deleted them, and move them to your online archive. And yeah SMS lag is killer... I archive every few days just to keep the lag down...
Old 07-03-2010, 08:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
MyPhone should detect that you deleted them, and move them to your online archive. And yeah SMS lag is killer... I archive every few days just to keep the lag down...
Try VITO SMS, much faster than the outlook for SMS
Old 07-04-2010, 08:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPCT7380 Touch Pro2 and 4 PPC-6850 TP

rsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuff

I just noticed something interesting. I had ran out of storage space the other day and my texts stopped coming in. After I freed up some space my missed texts started to slowly come in from the previous day. I was getting the SOD bad after that. I have been playing with the new Froyo Android build mostly out of frustration because of the SOD and a text I had not received came into Android. After that I went back to MS and I haven't had an SOD since.

I definitely think it was a memory / SMS issue causing my SOD problems.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I have been running MightyROM Full Force for over a month now and I think I have had 1 SOD. got to say that would be pretty solid in my book for a Great ROM with very few issues.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
I have been running MightyROM Full Force for over a month now and I think I have had 1 SOD. got to say that would be pretty solid in my book for a Great ROM with very few issues.
+1 on this. MR Full Force FTW!!!

The only SOD I had was when I was actually trying to get one for a testing idea. I let one SMS convo pile up with like 600 messages, closed the convo, closed the keyboard, pressed the "END" hardwre button, opened the keyboard, closed it again, then turned the screen off. SOD for sure...

I couldnt get it to SOD while plugged into the charger tho...

I love SOD threads...
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2