PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sleep OF Death!

Hey Kidwolf, I used to use lockdevice and programs like that but there was always small issues like this so I started looking for a better solution. Finally, i mapped (using rhodiumkbdconfig) my power button to short press - default action, long press - lock device. Works awesome, now if I'm setting my phone down on a table or something i don't have to lock it, and if I'm putting it in my pocket I just hold the button down, it locks and even shuts the screen off when I let go. I had to play with the settings in keyboard controller to get it to work correctly, if you want I can post my config later.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

kidwolf908 is becoming a great contributor
Post Re: Sleep OF Death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCotta View Post
Hey Kidwolf, I used to use lockdevice and programs like that but there was always small issues like this so I started looking for a better solution. Finally, i mapped (using rhodiumkbdconfig) my power button to short press - default action, long press - lock device. Works awesome, now if I'm setting my phone down on a table or something i don't have to lock it, and if I'm putting it in my pocket I just hold the button down, it locks and even shuts the screen off when I let go. I had to play with the settings in keyboard controller to get it to work correctly, if you want I can post my config later.
hell yea man! that sounds awesome! let me know what that config is! when you say power button do you mean the end key or the backlight button?
Old 02-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Sorry, I'm on a Sprint phone so my buttons are a tad different I forgot. Yes the backlight button on the top of the phone, the end key has no power functions on the Sprint version.

Portion of my config related to power button:
- <Key>
<KeyCode>65</KeyCode>

<Modifier>None</Modifier>

<Active>True</Active>

- <Rules>
- <Rule>
<Name>*</Name>

<ProcessKey>True</ProcessKey>

<WindowText />

<MatchType>Class</MatchType>

<KeyMode>SeparateActions</KeyMode>

- <KeyMapping>
<Repeat>False</Repeat>

<RepeatInterval>100</RepeatInterval>

<KeyCode>-1</KeyCode>

<Target>OS</Target>

<Ctrl>False</Ctrl>

<Shift>False</Shift>

<Alt>False</Alt>

<Win>False</Win>

<RWin>False</RWin>

<Action>False</Action>

</KeyMapping>

- <Click>

<Repeat>False</Repeat>

- <Action>
<ActionType>DefaultKeyAction</ActionType>

<KeyCode>65</KeyCode>

<ExtendedEmulation>True</ExtendedEmulation>

</Action>

</Click>

- <DoubleClick>

<Repeat>False</Repeat>

</DoubleClick>

- <TripleClick>

<Repeat>False</Repeat>

</TripleClick>

- <LongPress>

<Repeat>False</Repeat>

- <Action>
<ActionType>EmulateKeyPress</ActionType>

<KeyCode>133</KeyCode>

<Target>OS</Target>

<Ctrl>False</Ctrl>

<Shift>False</Shift>

<Alt>False</Alt>

<Win>False</Win>

<RWin>False</RWin>

<Action>False</Action>

</Action>

</LongPress>

</Rule>

</Rules>

</Key>

So throw that in your config and see if it doesn't work for you. The only drawback is that it doesn't play all that nice while music is playing through the headphones. If you short press, the screen won't wake back up until you long press to lock, unless you locked it when you shut it off. Minor stuff, really, it ONLY behaves that way while listening to music with headphones. Let me know how it works for you.

Edit: It doesn't seem to want to let me upload my config here so i hope that works, it looks like the copy paste botched some formatting but give it a go.

Last edited by HTCotta; 02-18-2010 at 04:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Wait a couple of minutes and it should wake normally. Alternatively, use your bluetooth headset to initiate a voice command prompt or remove your stylus.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

kidwolf908 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
Wait a couple of minutes and it should wake normally. Alternatively, use your bluetooth headset to initiate a voice command prompt or remove your stylus.
I've done the stylus remove trick and it works occasionally, but not all the time.

I wish the phone would just wake up when it is supposed to. This should be a high priority for MS if it is happening to business customers as I'm sure it is.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Ph33zy is becoming a great contributor

when you guys brought it into sprint, did you have to demonstrate it? I would imagine it would be hard to show Sprint this problem on the fly. I've been getting SOD's almost everyday now and it's getting really annoying, but I can't go back to WM6.1. I've been using MightyROMS since day one, but I don't think its a ROM issue as I flashed back some of his older ROMs (which I flashed when I first got the phone and never experienced a SOD) and still experience the SOD.

I've relocked, flash to stock, unlocked... tried different radios, but I still get it. This sucks! I've never dropped my phone and handle it like a baby, so I'm not sure what's going on...
Old 03-06-2010, 10:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch=>TP2=>Touch=>Diamond=>TouchPro2 (current)
Carrier: SPRINT

bpsamant is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

same thing has been happening to my ~3month old tp2.

IT IS VERY IRRITATING

i thought i was the only one and am glad there are others
(so much that i may take the phone and seek replacement)

my setup:
1. hard reset
2. GoodThings2Life cleanup cab
3. spb mobile shell 3.5.3 (latest version ..but i have tried all 3.x.x)
4. spb mobile shell weather + spb mobile shell phone suite
5. case from body glove

at first i thought it is a conflict between 2. and 3.
but i do not think that is the case, as i have done 2 and not 3...and have done 3 but not 2...and i still get the SOD....

the only way i can recover from is by removing/reinserting the battery
to removing/reinserting the battery , i have to first remove the body glove case (which is a Pain in the A55 to do)
i have removed the case so often that the (small thin that hold the phone in the case )tabs broke and i wasnt able to use the casse

i got a replacement case and drilled holes in the battery back cover and the case so now i can simply reset the phone by pushing the now exposed red button

surprsingly, i havent had to reset the phone since the drilling...but i am anticipating it will give me the SOD any time now....

if it does happen, i will take it back to the store and see what they can do

BTW...i really like items 3, 4, and 5 above.

i also like many of the items in 2.
(i just wish there were reg edits for all the things he has done, so i could just edit the ones i want)
Old 03-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker

I actually went a night without the Sleep of Death! I installed the USC 2.18 radio (was using the stock sprint and latest verizon one; verizon seemed to cause the most SOD) and downgraded my PRL to 60059. I have very poor coverage inside my house (but I do have Airave femtocell box in my house) and I think it may have something to do with the SOD.

By installing the USC radio, I've lost the ability to use U.S. simcards, but I guess I'll live with it since I don't really have a need to use one. I'll test it out more throughout the day and report back.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Okay, i still have this crap happening! It's still going out quite frequently. why can't i just get a damn HTC phone to work right...

TP2 - SOD issues,
TP1 - Keyboard issues,
Vogue - Poor Screen Quality
Mogul - Low RAM
Apache - Loose Stylus
Old 06-26-2010, 09:11 PM
rizalppc

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I just upgraded to the latest Verizon HTC TP2 MR2 ROM without any mods and have seen the same thing happen several times this week, plus some other strange stuff. I hard reset it a couple times. I kept the ROM and switched from the included Sense UI back to SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.5 (the latest version) and it seems just fine, and also uses about 20-30 MB less RAM as far as I can tell. Not as pretty as Sense UI (not in my hands, anyway), but works very nicely. So, right or wrong, to me it seems it's the Sense UI that hangs things up. Thanks. Albert

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2