PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 04:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

chevy454 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
cleartemp settings

Can anyone offer suggestions as the best way to set up the ClearTemp cab? I can't get it to clear my cache, and since I installed the Resco suite my phone has seemed to eat memory & battery like it's going out of style...!

Last edited by chevy454; 02-17-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Re: Resco cleartemp settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy454 View Post
Can anyone offer suggestions as the best way to set up the Resco ClearTemp cab? I can't get it to clear my cache, and since I installed the Resco suite my phone has seemed to eat memory & battery like it's going out of style...!
im a resco user all the way but this is the first time i have eer heard of this!! where did u find it? what parts of resco suite does it maintain?!!

Old 02-17-2010, 09:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Resco cleartemp settings

ok, uninstalled my previous version, did a search here and found a link to a clear temp cab from freewareppc...installed the cab, but i cant edit the custom folders, and it still wont clear the cache folrder (340kb)...????
Old 02-17-2010, 10:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: cleartemp settings

i uninstalled a 2nd cleartemp program, and found a 3rd here on ppcgeeks...and its working correctly.

but, i need to know which files to actually clean, paths, etc...likec where is my opera 10 cache?
Old 02-22-2010, 04:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Can anyone offer a suggestion as to which files/paths that ClearTemp needs to clean?
Old 02-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

chevy454, if you type in opera:config into Opera and click Go, it will take you to all your Opera settings. Under User Prefs, you can see and set the location of the cache. You can also check out others settings with opera:config and set them to your personal preferences.

You can use ClearTemp to clear most of the common files by checking off the boxes for everything you want to clean on the main cleaning screen. As far as setting up ClearTemp to clean specific folders, it's easy and up to you what folders to clear. Just remember once you go into ClearTemp's main settings, then browse and set the specific folders to clean, that you click on the menu button at the bottom and save your changes. Check out this link below for some folders that I clear on the Diamond as well as other Main Storage management tips. Please note that the TP2 has much more Main Storage than the Diamond, so you will not need to manage the storage of specific data or cache files nearly as much. Heck, I would not worry about it much at all with TP2, unless you're getting close to critically low on Main Storage for some reason, like storing attachments, videos, and photos to Main Storage. If that's the case, just make sure to move your existing ones to your storage card, and then set them all up in their specific settings area to be stored on your storage card from now on.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=111584

Hope this helps...
R
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2