PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 03:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO and TP2
Carrier: Sprint

compneo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint TP2 Problems

I bought a Sprint Touch Pro 2 last week from Sprint and received it on Friday. On the same day I received it, I received a few errors here and there that a certain .exe file had problems and was closed (sorry, I did not document the exact errors.). I thought nothing of it and did a hard reset (after a soft reset didnt help) and continued on. I only installed SlingPlayer, ActiveSync to Exchange, and light web surfing. The phone is unresponsive and laggy at times. On three different occasions, I would pull the phone out of my pocket and open the slider and the screen would not come on. I press the button on the top of the phone and nothing. I close and reopen the slider and nothing. I could hear the sounds and the keyboard lights lit up, but no screen. I had to pull the battery in all three occasions to get the screen to work again. I did another hard reset on it a few hours ago because it was unresponsive. My intentions were to flash a 3rd party ROM on it once I got it, but I never did due to the issues I was having on it. I am just curious since this is my first WinMo phone, as well as my first slider phone (was on Treo 650 and 755p for last 6 or so years), does this sound like I may have a bad phone? Is the .exe errors common? (Where they want to send a report to Microsoft with the details.) Is the screen not responding in sleep mode common? I appreciate anyones input. I was really looking forward to the TP2 for a while and hope I can get it running solid so I can join all of you here. Thanks
Old 02-17-2010, 04:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Re: Sprint TP2 Problems

IMO if you're having issues so early on in the life of the TP2, I would take it back to the store and see what they say. It shouldn't be laggy/unresponsive unless you're running a bunch of apps at the same time. Even the bloatware from Sprint on the stock ROM shouldn't cause that again unless you're running too many apps. Take it to a store and have a tech take a look at it, you're still well within the replacement period to get a new phone and not just a refurb.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO and TP2
Threadstarter

compneo is just getting started

Thanks for the reply, I guess that is what I will have to do. Now TouchFlo3d is gone. Soft reset, hard reset, doesnt matter. It is not coming back. I am just wondering are these problems common with these phones? I am not wanting to go through all of this with a replacement phone only to have to go back to my Treo.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:25 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

i'm guessing a small percentage are having problems.
trying running the cleanup cab in the sticky's for sprint from gt4l. then download the trial version of mobile shell. see if problems still persist. you can even get mobile shell through sprint's dl store for the same price.
if you still have trouble, i would get the phone exchanged.
I've had it since release on sprint and have not had any problems.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

DAD-PC is a n00b

i bought mine from a random dealer on ebay, and have had no problems that I didn't cause myself haha.

There have been a few cases where there have been issues, but I would just swap, your next one will hopefully not have any troubles. The phones definitely worth it.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

swap that phone out asap .. that screen not being illuminated is a known problem & while here at ppc some ppl may be in the process of figuring it out so i read or at least looking into it ... sprints fix is a swap out .. happened to me

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2