PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 09:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel
Question about TEP and Asurion

Ok,

So on the 13th I lose my tp2, drunk at some bar and figure its gone.

I call Sprint, they block the ESN, I file TEP claim, get my new tp2 activate it... within minutes of activating.. the Sprint store calls me ( on my sprint number ) and says some lady just brought my phone in and to come get it. I told her I filed an insurance claim and already activated the new phone ( she shoulda know since she called me on the number? ).. anyways, I asked her do i need to send the old one in to the insurance? she said no. I do don't I?
I know all the alternatives, but I am trying to be on the up and up here.

What can I do to get Sprint to unblock the ESN for me? I can prove its mine and I'm me.. otherwise its pretty useless. I'd like to reactivate it and keep using it. I got a BNIB one from the insurance and would even send that back assuming they would refund the $100 deductible I paid. They don't want it back according to Sprint.

What to do?

ps. there still are good people in the world, as that lady returned it the way she found it. I tried getting her info to send her a $100 spot, but she didn't leave it. cool lady!
Old 02-16-2010, 11:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Question about TEP and Asurion

the $100 deductible is unrefundable,since you reported it lost and found it they would most likely want you to send the reported one back.hope i helped.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

pts69666 is becoming a great contributor

best thing you can do since the phone was reported on the lost/stolen list is do the GSM unlock and sell it as a GSM unlocked phone.

other than that, the phone's reported lost/stolen... its pretty much useless...
Old 02-16-2010, 11:32 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community

I called Sprint Customer care, they unblocked the esn and said have a nice day. I fully explained the story, she didn't care.
wow. lucky day i guess.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:37 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

The esn can always be unblocked since you are the owner. Asurion seems to waiver back and forth on their policy. From my time working in the cell industry (with sprint and t-mobile) 9 times outta 10 asurion wants the phone you claimed for, if it is reactivated onto your account without contacting them they will file an insurance fraud claim with you and it will get bad. Call them and see what they say but most likely youll be sending back the lost phone.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:38 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Throw up the spare online as an ebay special to get your benjamin back
Old 02-16-2010, 11:41 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I'm cool with that, thats what I thought I was supposed to do. I tried to get the scoop from Sprint but they didn't get a fly rats behind. Asked numerous times, should I send it to Asurion? Will I get billed? no sir, you already paid the deductible.. whatever, I'll wait it out and see. I'd rather use the old one its my fave. I'll see if I can send the new one back and just be out $100 if it comes to that.

Thanks for the tips fellas.

Mods can close this anytime.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3

cmptekinc is just getting started

Well, you should probably e-mail Sprint, half the time Sprint CS guys will need a map or even a GPS to find their own ass (sorry, bad experiences with Sprint in the past). They will get back to you within 24 hours and perhaps will suggest to have you keep the phone. Whatever they said over the phone to you is basically hearsay.. so if Asurion did decide to do something about getting back at you, trust me, Sprint wouldn't take the blame, they would just pass the buck to you... so, get it on the paper.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:42 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

good call... I'll do that now..I did get the lady at the stores business card for this reason, but something I could email asurion would be much better... surely the lady at the store will change her story if this becomes an issue.

I dont want a 600 charge on my account for something i don't need. I wish I could just send the new one back and be done with it...and get my $100 back.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2