PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 10:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC 6875 TP2
Carrier: Verizon

blink8512 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CDMA or GSM ?

Hello everyone

I need some information about my TP2.

I have a verizon TP2 and it has a sim card and in the settings its has GSM and CDMA so witch one would i need to flash it for GSM or CDMA?

Thanks
Blink8512
Old 02-16-2010, 11:01 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Re: CDMA or GSM ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink8512 View Post
Hello everyone

I need some information about my TP2.

I have a verizon TP2 and it has a sim card and in the settings its has GSM and CDMA so witch one would i need to flash it for GSM or CDMA?

Thanks
Blink8512
Verizon=CDMA!!!

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:02 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

blink8512 is a n00b

But i can change it to GSM in the phone...

Last edited by blink8512; 02-16-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:20 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink8512 View Post
But i can change it to GSM in the phone...
you need to do some research. TP2 is capable of both but in the locked condition it has restrictions in the US. Google and the search button are your friends.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:05 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

you have a cdma device that works on gsm networks, but it is cdma 1st!
Old 02-16-2010, 12:06 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Only use the unlocker and roms that are for CDMA or you will brick your device.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:16 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you have to listen to what the first three posts told you. you kinda figured that you've had 3 responses saying the same thing....THAT YOU NEED TO USE CDMA VERSION OF THE ROM YOU'RE TRYING TO FLASH.

your tp2 is a WORLDPHONE, hence, our device came with a sim device. just like Dr.8820 said, the device can work on both networks, but your unit was built for verizon which is a cdma. you can use the sim device to get on gsm networks, if you're outside of the US or use the unlocker to be able to use the US gsm networks. but even then, you can only use either or....NOT both at the same time.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:19 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

blink8512 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
Verizon=CDMA!!!

What about my friends phone he has AT&T what would he use?
Old 02-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ummm that would mean AT&T and T-Mobile========GSM

They would need a GSM ROM if you're talking about the TP2 aka TILT 2
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:10 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

att & tmobile = gsm
sprint & verizon = cdma
Google is the next skynet

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2