PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 08:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Skywarp is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
should I upgrade from 6.1 to 6.5?

Has anyone done it yet?
Is it worth the upgrade, if so what if any are the benefits?
Old 02-16-2010, 09:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

token2k6 is just getting started
Re: should I upgrade from 6.1 to 6.5?

I'm not sure what its like on the Sprint network, but I upgraded mine the night I got it. I noticed that w/ 6.1 it seemed clunky and not all the apps were there. When 6.5 booted, it was like getting the phone new all over again! It seems a lot more stable and faster, and you're guaranteed to have the latest version of most apps. So, if it is an effortless installation, I don't think you have anything to lose.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:33 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywarp View Post
Has anyone done it yet?
Its personal preference. Use the search button so we can prevent multiple threads like this one please.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel/VerizOn

KillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
Its personal preference. Use the search button so we can prevent multiple threads like this one please.

CW
Thank you =D>

Old 02-18-2010, 07:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Skywarp is a n00b

I have tried to search the subject but i cant find any opinions on official 6.5 updates and comparisons
Old 02-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7
Carrier: Sprint

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywarp View Post
Has anyone done it yet?
What the hack are you waiting for? I am using Calkulins v1.6 WWE with system build 23534. I am using windows mobile interface 6.5.3 and must say this version is completely fingure friendly I can rearange my icons with my fingers. This reminds me of the samsung dare. It is fast more stable, the email download fast, multi-media is better it is lest buggy and the list goes on and on. I believe wolf has this ROM cooked already if you are not used to cooking your own rom.

Please don't forget to thank me.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Dorenda is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Dorenda Send a message via MSN to Dorenda Send a message via Yahoo to Dorenda

I am on Sprint and I just flashed a custom ROM yesterday! The biggest issue with using a custom ROM on Sprint is that the picture mail doesn't work without some tweaking.

I was tired of waiting 4 Sprints update so I went with a custom 6.5 ROM with Sense 2.5 UI. I noticed with the stock Sprint ROM that the Facebook integration had completely stopped working. That was a big issue for me.

I enjoy the "eye candy" of 6.5! It looks alot better than 6.1 IMO. I also like the weather on the home tab and being able to add favorites "Quick Links" to the home tab as well.

Make sure your phone is unlocked and choose your ROM to fit your needs. (I chose SsS R7 Rom). Don't be afraid of the CDMA Upgrades section, I know I was. If you need help or simple guidance inbox me. I will help you out as much as I can.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:21 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorenda View Post
I am on Sprint and I just flashed a custom ROM yesterday! The biggest issue with using a custom ROM on Sprint is that the picture mail doesn't work without some tweaking.
Hmmm, all I had to do was install the Arcsoft MMS cab and I was sending pics & vids no problem...

Old 02-19-2010, 12:09 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

I wouldn't.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

I would.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2