PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 03:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

pantr09 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sprints rom update? now that wm 7 is out!

i am just wondering now that wm7 is out is our tp for sprint still going to get the 6.5 upgrade that they said would be out at the end of this quarter?

i use custom roms but i am just hoping to get a upgrade for sprint so the chefs like mighty and juicy can build even better roms even tho thier roms are pretty dam close to being perfect for my tp 2 for sprint

if anyone has any info about the update for sprint users if it will or will not happen now that wm7 is out would be appreciated

thanks again ppcgeeks community
Old 02-16-2010, 03:24 AM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: sprints rom update? now that wm 7 is out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantr09 View Post
i am just wondering now that wm7 is out is our tp for sprint still going to get the 6.5 upgrade that they said would be out at the end of this quarter?

i use custom roms but i am just hoping to get a upgrade for sprint so the chefs like mighty and juicy can build even better roms even tho thier roms are pretty dam close to being perfect for my tp 2 for sprint

if anyone has any info about the update for sprint users if it will or will not happen now that wm7 is out would be appreciated

can assure you it wont be wm7.

and id be shocked if we see a rom update by summer. Sprint too busy at the moment wasting time and money on Nascar than helping their cell users.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:26 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

It will happen... in a few weeks, or even months,I don't really care at this point rofl! I just wonder what in the world does Sprint have up there selves with this update... it better have been good for them taking there sweet time. as for information, I don't think anyone has heard any or else it would have been posted so already unless there greedy.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Joe Breezy is a n00b

Who really cares when you can run your own or someone elses cooked ROM. If you go to the Sprint site and look on the TP2 forums they tell you all about the release of 6.5.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

MidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to MidwestDrummer Send a message via MSN to MidwestDrummer Send a message via Yahoo to MidwestDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantr09 View Post

Windows Mobile 7 isn't "out." It was just demoed at WMC for Christ's sake. Lemme guess, you want a WM7 cooked ROM too? Settle down junior.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer View Post
Lemme guess, you want a WM7 cooked ROM too?

And you don't?

Old 02-16-2010, 06:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc TOUCHpro2

JustinSyder is just getting started

I could b?tch & complain about Sprint draggin'there feet on the updates for whatever reason... but truth be told I don't care. These boy's & girl's here are awesome w/ the things they create. Hell w/ the discount's & packages I get on my bill I'll never find somethin' cheaper, have zero complaints about customer service, all I need is for Sprint to keep pumpin' out that signal!!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:57 AM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

If I can get a Sprint rom with weather on the home screen and an updated radio I would be happy. Hope they come through. The Sprint stores here are droppling like flies including the MACOM stores. The store here where I live I think carries like 8 phones, I was in there a few weeks ago and looks like they gonna be shutting down too.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

wud_e is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinSyder View Post
I could b?tch & complain about Sprint draggin'there feet on the updates for whatever reason... but truth be told I don't care. These boy's & girl's here are awesome w/ the things they create. Hell w/ the discount's & packages I get on my bill I'll never find somethin' cheaper, have zero complaints about customer service, all I need is for Sprint to keep pumpin' out that signal!!
I hear that! It would take Sprint coming to my house and busting my cellphone with a sledgehammer for me to leave them.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinSyder View Post
+1 on everything you said.
It would be very cool if Sprint had been taking their time on the ROM so they could include some of the SenseUI stuff, maybe even 6.5.3 (since it had been released on some other platform already.) If it's just a plain vanilla 6.5 ROM, I'll stick with Mighty or CFay.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2