PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 12:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

ajent is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to ajent Send a message via AIM to ajent Send a message via MSN to ajent Send a message via Yahoo to ajent
sprint 5g cap on TP2?

I have seen some reports on sprint "capping" the internet after 5G of usage. Does this not apply on a tp2 or any WM phone for that matter, running wm wifi-router?

I'm using it on energyrom and have "6824550KB" of usage so far without any limitations. Downloads still going at 200-300 KBps with flashget.

Does the cap completly stop internet or just drop the speed? A few minutes ago it was stuck at 10-20kpbs.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6800
Carrier: Sprint

benvino is a n00b
Re: sprint 5g cap on TP2?

I don't think the data will stop if you go over. I remember someone says the 5 gig was over a 3 month average. So you could really go over a couple of months and still be under the 5 gig cap.

Hope that helps.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:23 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Yes they start charging the crap out of you for going over!!! Disconnect ASAP!
Old 02-16-2010, 01:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

heady4614 is keeping up the good workheady4614 is keeping up the good workheady4614 is keeping up the good work

the data dosnt stop. but the charge is like $0.23 a kb
Old 02-16-2010, 01:24 AM
truth mirror

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Well maybe not. For tethering,its possible but not likely IMO. I go over 5 GB most of the time. Install the stealth cab and I think you will be fine.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:26 AM
truth mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by heady4614 View Post
the data dosnt stop. but the charge is like $0.23 a kb
lol that would be insane if it were true
Old 02-16-2010, 01:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

ajent is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to ajent Send a message via AIM to ajent Send a message via MSN to ajent Send a message via Yahoo to ajent

Oh sh%t!
thanks for the heads up, time to search for the stealth cab
Old 02-16-2010, 02:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i930, TP & TP2
Carrier: Sprint & Nextel

hunterintusttin is keeping up the good workhunterintusttin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajent View Post
I have seen some reports on sprint "capping" the internet after 5G of usage. Does this not apply on a tp2 or any WM phone for that matter, running wm wifi-router?

I'm using it on energyrom and have "6824550KB" of usage so far without any limitations. Downloads still going at 200-300 KBps with flashget.

Does the cap completly stop internet or just drop the speed? A few minutes ago it was stuck at 10-20kpbs.

I am using on average about 15-20 GB per month on two phones (plus my data card which is still under an old UNLIMITED plan). I never received any complain from Sprint or had any additional charges. I am also running data like crazy on Nextel (emails via WM Device) and I never hear them bitch around.

Sprint lets you do pretty much a lot with their network and as long you stay within their system well you are in luck. I guess Sprint would not tolerate my hunger for data if I would be roaming all the time.

I use one phone just as a radio and stream my favorite channels all the time. Sling Box is running as well quite happy on my phones and no issues from Sprint.

Not sure if Big Red or the Death Star would be so good about it.

But lets be honest, you get the Verizon coverage (voice and 1x) for a Sprint price and there is even a map for that !
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT, DONT LAUGH TOO HARD

kaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterintusttin View Post
I am using on average about 15-20 GB per month on two phones (plus my data card which is still under an old UNLIMITED plan). I never received any complain from Sprint or had any additional charges. I am also running data like crazy on Nextel (emails via WM Device) and I never hear them bitch around.

Sprint lets you do pretty much a lot with their network and as long you stay within their system well you are in luck. I guess Sprint would not tolerate my hunger for data if I would be roaming all the time.

I use one phone just as a radio and stream my favorite channels all the time. Sling Box is running as well quite happy on my phones and no issues from Sprint.

Not sure if Big Red or the Death Star would be so good about it.

But lets be honest, you get the Verizon coverage (voice and 1x) for a Sprint price and there is even a map for that !

Dont listen to this guy. just cause it works for him it may not for you. the cap thing has been a debate since like the year 2000 and everyone has the point of view or opinion on it. if you get caught just dont come crying here for sympathy cause you know the consequences
Old 02-16-2010, 03:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

i use a lot, but i try not to get too crazy... approaching 5gb is bound to get noticed. it's funny when i check my account online and compare my data numbers to the rest of my family.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2