PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 10:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

galingula is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint battery killing me

I have all comms shut down but the phone. I talked on the phone for maybe 45 minutes this weekend. Had a full charge leaving the office friday, but phone was dead when i got in. I've had the phone for two weekends and I can't seem to keep it charged.

Any tips? This seems wrong
Old 02-15-2010, 10:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Re: Sprint battery killing me

If you've only had it for 2 weeks, take it back to the store and get a replacement battery. Are you on the stock ROM? How's the signal where the phone was, if you left it in an area that has a soso signal, the battery gets drained by the phone searching for a better signal. We're there any apps left running in the background, i.e. weather update, e-mail, etc?
Old 02-15-2010, 11:28 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

so you got a full 2+ days out of it? sounds about right to me. obviously there was also some data traffic, sms, or poor signal involved too, but overall that's about right.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

galingula is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
so you got a full 2+ days out of it? sounds about right to me. obviously there was also some data traffic, sms, or poor signal involved too, but overall that's about right.
That's what I was afraid of.

I ordered this combo for it...

http://www.wirelessground.com/stp2superext.html
Old 02-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

src666 is just getting started

The simple fact is that all modern smartphones have battery life issues, and pretty much want to be charged daily. Friday night to Monday morning is 2 1/2 days, on the FAR outer bounds of what they will sustain in even the lowest power use scenarios.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (TP2 Biznitch: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

What do you expect out of a smartphone? 7 days? lol. I charge mine everynight. I use my phone alot and it makes it through the day. 2 days is actually pretty good.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

im a happy fella if by the time i get home from work everyday im above 40% .. & thats if i dont get a chance 2 charge it. with my tp1 i was at 40% at like 10am lol
Old 02-15-2010, 01:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpringz View Post
with my tp1 i was at 40% at like 10am lol
LOL, no kidding.

I had something like 4 spare batteries for my original TP & I needed every one of them....

I am absolutely ecstatic that my Verizon TP2 can make it through a normal days use on one battery (I carry a spare battery for it, but I have never used it once & I've had the phone since the day they became available)

~John
Old 02-15-2010, 01:36 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

No Bs, actually Sprint TP got better with the ROM update, it got like 35% boost in my case. Still like Jmo, I had a series of batties readyto be deployed

Last edited by HBOOT; 02-15-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st View Post
Wirelessly posted (TP2 Biznitch: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

What do you expect out of a smartphone? 7 days? lol. I charge mine everynight. I use my phone alot and it makes it through the day. 2 days is actually pretty good.
Seriously, you want a phone that lasts 7 days, get one of those crappy phones that doesn't do anything.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2