PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 03:08 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Cabs to Disable Unused Services - Updated {2010-03-18}

Ninja Duck Disable SRV - Push Internet Engine.1.1.cab (450 Bytes, 17 views)
this is the thing that caused my manilla2.5.2012 internet tab to crash and not load properly. it will go to the internet tab, but it will not load the internet browser logo on the top of the screen. causing problems!

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Old 03-19-2010, 03:19 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
Don't know enough about the data controler. Post the cab here and I will explore.

Will you test for me if I come up with a concept?
can you explore the two cabs that i posted?

strra data disconnect 60seconds.cab
^this cab disconnects data after 60 secs. but it caused problems with answering the phone while data is disconnected.

Shaggy's_SuspendResume777 to fix strra's data60sec.cab
^this cab fixes the slide to answer problm... but may disable the data disconnect problem

i'm sure you can come up with something from these two cabs to disable data within a certain amount time... and still be able to answer the phone correctly
Old 03-19-2010, 09:40 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
this is the thing that caused my manilla2.5.2012 internet tab to crash and not load properly. it will go to the internet tab, but it will not load the internet browser logo on the top of the screen. causing problems!
Sorry about that. It does what I intended it to, but I did not put it with the other HTC services. It is not meant to work if you want push internet on the internet tab.

I will split it in to two cabs later on tonight to make it more understandable.

I am glad you figured out the problem.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:48 PM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
can you explore the two cabs that i posted?

strra data disconnect 60seconds.cab
^this cab disconnects data after 60 secs. but it caused problems with answering the phone while data is disconnected.

Shaggy's_SuspendResume777 to fix strra's data60sec.cab
^this cab fixes the slide to answer problm... but may disable the data disconnect problem

i'm sure you can come up with something from these two cabs to disable data within a certain amount time... and still be able to answer the phone correctly
These do overwrite each other. The first sets the CacheTime to its default value (why bother) and the SuspendResume to a number that does not equal the data dial string. That is why you can't answer a call.

The second is correct for our kind of devices. #777. Until we are able to make calls while connecting to data anyway...

I will spend a couple of minutes looking at call timers to see if I come up with anything for you.

Here is a reference if you are interested:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc510499.aspx
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:31 AM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
These do overwrite each other. The first sets the CacheTime to its default value (why bother) and the SuspendResume to a number that does not equal the data dial string. That is why you can't answer a call.

The second is correct for our kind of devices. #777. Until we are able to make calls while connecting to data anyway...

I will spend a couple of minutes looking at call timers to see if I come up with anything for you.

Here is a reference if you are interested:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc510499.aspx
thanks, i don't know much but i read some of the reference. now i'll be waiting patiently to see if you can come up with a solution...

also, can you look up a way to kill activesync? i added a cab that i found. but i realize that activesync isn't killed. it shows up running sometimes even with the cab installed
Attached Files
File Type: cab ASyncKiller_eLiAs.cab (50.2 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-20-2010, 09:20 PM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

Quote:
thanks, i don't know much but i read some of the reference. now i'll be waiting patiently to see if you can come up with a solution...

also, can you look up a way to kill activesync? i added a cab that i found. but i realize that activesync isn't killed. it shows up running sometimes even with the cab installed
This is just a program that kills the task. I have been asked to figure out how to disable it totally. If I figure it out, I promise to post.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:20 PM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

Quote:
I have posted version 1.2 that removed the code that disables the tab and made a seperate package in the HTC zip file to do that.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:20 AM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)

Re: Cabs to Disable Unused Services - Updated {2010-03-20}

looks like these services

• Document Indexer
  • Footprints
  • Reader
  • Stocks
  • Twitter
  • Push Internet
will cause problems with manilla tab arrangements. when you have them installed it will corrupt your arrangement and changing them manually again in "personalize hometab" wouldn't work
Old 03-30-2010, 03:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

stas333 is keeping up the good workstas333 is keeping up the good work

will any of those work with 2.1?

Last edited by stas333; 03-30-2010 at 03:37 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:57 AM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

Quote:
looks like these services

• Document Indexer
  • Footprints
  • Reader
  • Stocks
  • Twitter
  • Push Internet
will cause problems with manilla tab arrangements. when you have them installed it will corrupt your arrangement and changing them manually again in "personalize hometab" wouldn't work
These cabs do what they say and nothing else. They will cause the tabs to stop working if you are using them (as stated in my post), but do not effect your ability to order them in any way.

I have no doubt that it is some other tweak or registry you imported. Most likely something with this path in it:

Code:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila\Configuration
Quote:
Originally Posted by stas333 View Post
will any of those work with 2.1?
If you are talking about the HTC stuff, I am pretty sure they are 2.5 only.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2