PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 12:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: sprint

samshady is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro 2 back-up

ALright guys need some input. I've had a back-up phone ever since my Mogul. Now I have my touch pro 2 I'm looking for a back-up, I want a pocket pc of some sorts. Some people may wonder what I mean by a back-up. I don't know about you guys but I can't imagine going 24 hrs without my phone. And best case senario if its covered by TEP thats how long to get a replacement. If it's insurance 1-3 days. I'm eligible for my $150 off a new phone so I've been thinkin bout trying the Hero out. Anybody else have any suggestions?
Old 02-15-2010, 01:12 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Touch Pro 2 back-up

if anything does go wrong with your phone just go to the nearest sprint store and have them help you with filing your claim. let them know that not having a phone while waiting days is not an option and ask them if there's any way that they can give you a replacement phone while waiting, they can give you a loaner. that's what i did a few months ago when i went from the bb tour to the tp2. i went to the sprint store, told them the option to wait without a phone is not an option. told them i use the phone for work. they gave me a replacement phone for the 2 days i had to wait 'til the tp2 was sent to the store.

why waste your upgrade just to satisfy your need of having a back-up phone? you'll be kicking yourself when you use it and then the new phones come in later on this year.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

Last edited by Mojary; 02-15-2010 at 01:14 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

samshady is a n00b

I appreciate the advice however, where I live if you're luck enough to convince them to give you a loaner phone your also luck if its a crappy flip phone. I need a phone comparable to my touch pro 2 so I can get on the internet and receive mail. Even if they had a comparable device who wants to go through the trouble of setting one up for two days? As far as the upgrade goes I'm sitting on a $150 upgrade credit and I get one every year. I want to make sure and use it every year if possible without having to spend $250-$300 when a newphone comes out.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:58 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the hero is pretty fun to play with. my sister got hers as a xmas present from her husband. but if like you said, you're looking for a phone comparable to the tp2. the hero does not have a qwerty keyboard like the tp2 (don't know how big of a deal breaker that is for you). but, you are just looking for a back up. even if you use your upgrade credit now, new sprint phones will come out q4, so you'll be able to upgrade again to get those new phones not too long after they are released.

but yeah...the hero would be a good choice as far as back up phone is concerned.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2