PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2010, 01:04 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Does enabling wifi improve battery life?

i can't believe there's even a discussion about this. look, i've tried both evdo connection and wifi. and from my experience, my phone's battery drain was faster when i connected to my home's wifi compared to when i was downloading the same files using my phone's regular evdo internet connection.

and eschelon is correct. regarding batter life on the iphone/palm pre using wifi and comparing it to the tp2 that runs on WM. that's like comparing apples to oranges.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 02-14-2010, 01:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

would signal quality matter at all, ie less 3g signal drains faster than better 3g signal? that might matter as well
Old 02-15-2010, 01:26 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

^+1 on the signal quality. just like your phone just constantly trying to make sure it has signal has an affect on your battery life, im pretty sure the same goes when you're on surfing the net on your phone and it having to find a good 3g signal.

hmmm...im wondering if it's the same when you connect to your wifi at home and the bandwidth is minimal. meaning that if everyone in your house is connected and downloading something, and then you connect your phone, does fighting for more bandwidth also have an effect on batter life?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
battery, wifi