PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 10:51 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
.NET - do i need it?

hi guys. ok so i got on the web to read up regarding .NET. i understand that there are some files that would need this. but can any of you actually explain it to me like im a little kid? ive read posts where the more knowledgeable members are advising other members to install it on their phone for some files they need. do i need to install the cab just in case in the future a file i need to install need .NET? what would be the types of files do i need to use this on/for?

any input from you guys is greatly appreciated!
Old 02-12-2010, 11:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

mario925 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to mario925
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) T-Mobile_Rhodium)

yeah u do need it. it'll let u download some files
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:11 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Re: .NET - do i need it?

easiest way i did it was to have my phone synced to my computer and download it. it auto ran, reset the phone, good to go.
i have seen cab files for it, but none of them worked for me.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:39 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Threadstarter

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario925 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) T-Mobile_Rhodium)

yeah u do need it. it'll let u download some files
so if i have .net on my device, what files (in general) are usually requiring it for download?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
easiest way i did it was to have my phone synced to my computer and download it. it auto ran, reset the phone, good to go.
i have seen cab files for it, but none of them worked for me.
i have the cab file saved on my sd but havent installed it cuz i dont know what to use it for...hehehe. so if i sync my device to my pc/laptop, dl the file and run it, i just sit back and it'll automatically do what it needs to do for/on my phone?
Old 02-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

that is what worked for me. but i did it all through the p.c.
found the file through microsoft and downloaded it while phone was connected. it automatically synced for me then went through a soft reset.
it doesn't hurt to do it and some of the new software needs it to run. it didn't hurt any old stuff either.
some of the more technical people can explain it better than i can.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:54 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Threadstarter

since im running stock...i didnt really give it much thought. but im the type that even though i have no use for it, or dont think i need it now, i like knowing i have it on my device when the time does come that i suddenly need it.

im hoping that the other members can chime in also.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:02 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Microsoft .NET Compact Framework (.NET CF) is a version of the .NET Framework that is designed to run on Windows CE based mobile/embedded devices such as PDAs, mobile phones, factory controllers, set-top boxes, etc. The .NET Compact Framework uses some of the same class libraries as the full .NET Framework and also a few libraries designed specifically for mobile devices such as Windows CE
InputPanel. However, the libraries are not exact copies of the .NET Framework. The ones in the .NET Compact Framework are scaled down to take up less space.
the rest of the very short article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.NET_Compact_Framework

Last edited by austin420; 02-13-2010 at 02:09 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:47 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Threadstarter

thanks austinb. will read up on the wiki you posted.

thanks everyone for the help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2