PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 09:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SelectRadio reg problem

I cannot register this app ever since I flashed a new ROM, it keeps coming up as a 10 day trial.

Anybody know how to fix this??

~John
Old 02-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78
Re: SelectRadio reg problem

Is the app registered by your user name or the device id. If by device id then there is your problem.

Give some
Old 02-12-2010, 07:46 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

When you install it, it generates a device ID that is different then the one in the owner info screen.

That ID did not change with the flash, it still comes up as the same ID # in the reg screen so the reg code should still work -but it doesn't.

I have entered it 10 times & it says it was successful, restart the app. Then, when I restart it the reg screen comes up again.......

~John
Old 02-12-2010, 08:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2

DLCPhoto is keeping up the good workDLCPhoto is keeping up the good work

I ran into a related issue when I got a refurb TP2 - the different hardware was detected, and it wouldn't accept my previous registration code.

I contacted support at Select Radio, and after I provided them with a copy of the documentation for the refurb, proving that I'm still just using my license on one device, they sent me another one. They were pretty prompt in their response.

Not exactly the same thing, but suspect it's related. They should provide you with a working code as long as you can satisfy them that it's the same physical device.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
When you install it, it generates a device ID that is different then the one in the owner info screen.

That ID did not change with the flash, it still comes up as the same ID # in the reg screen so the reg code should still work -but it doesn't.

I have entered it 10 times & it says it was successful, restart the app. Then, when I restart it the reg screen comes up again.......

~John
Just tried mine, entered the key, shut it down, started it up again and no probs here, even went to the log-in screen and it told me it's registered. Stupid question, but maybe check the taskmanager to make sure it's shut down? Could the chef have maybe changed something in the ROM? Mine has worked on everyone I've flashed to, MM, Mal's Mr. X, JD, but there are many more and newer ones, I wonder if something changed in build.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:27 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

This is really irritating me.

I have gone back & forth with SR's CS half a dozen times now.

They sent me a new reg code & the exact same thing happened. I am totally ed that I bought this POS at this point.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2