PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 08:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

nom303 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
better audio sound thru headphones?

is there a way to make the audio thru the 3.5mm jack sound any better? in headphones the sound is terrible even with a $60 headset. plz help
Old 02-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker
Re: better audio sound thru headphones?

What media player are you using, what is you media encoded as and what is the bitrate? And how big are the $60 headphones? anything bigger than earbuds and your phone may have a hard time feeding them. The higher the bitrate the better they will sound. Also, did you try the Audio booster settings?
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Threadstarter

nom303 is just getting started

thanx for replying, im using windows media player, not sure on the bitrate cuz i cant find a setting for it. my bad should have clarified better, not using headphones like that as i know it takes more to power them, panasonic earbuds is what i have. ive used the audio booster but doesnt do much cuz for the most part the sound is still not clear/disorted, like a wav vs. mp3 sound but thats not the case cuz it do it with wavs too. ive end tried to use my tp2 in a friends car vs there cd player and the same results happen. im very music orientated and would like my music to sound good.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide

I get a better sound using the old TP1 headphones.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint Touch Pro 2)

well my music sounds great... i plug my tp2 into my radio everywhere i go, dont even use cds anymore lol. all of my mp3s are 160-320 bitrate.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo/Epic

insomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I use wav in 192 bit rate and mp3 on the 16 gig card at 320 bit rate, sound qualtity on the mp3 is only slightly better. Sorry to say but the TP1 does sound better through the headset, I have tried $10 headphones to $80 dollar headphones (the ones I use now) and even with the expensive ones I had to go through the same reg edits over and over for 30 mins. untill it sounded decent, in both wmplayer and audio manager. But again, I am very musically inclined, so may be pickier than the average TP2 user. Here are registry entries to look at and play with:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Phone
"VOL"=dword:default is 24241, I set it to 76241
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Sound Categories
"InCall"=dword:"Attentuation Category" set a value that suits you
"InCall"=dword:"InitVol" set avalue that suits you
(these same regestry settings are found with InCall2 and InCall3)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\CControl Panel\Sound Categories\
"InCallFeedback" set a value that suits you

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Software
"Audio Booster" I just played around with these settings already in the registry till I got a decent sound, then went to actual equalizer and played there somemore

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MidiEngine\HTC
"DB Scalar"=dword: default value is 200, I have it at 202

The two main downers on the TP2 is the audio and camera flash lens. Hope these help you.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint Touch Pro 2)

so this makes the overall volume of the fone louder?
Old 02-12-2010, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo/Epic

insomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post

so this makes the overall volume of the fone louder?
Yes, it does somewhat. Anything over 76000 is overkill for my ears through the headset and creates a minor feedback that I can hear, but just play with different numbers till you are satisfied. Also playing with with ringer in sound categories in hklmuser on the initvol and attentuation category can up the volume on the hardware speakers somewhat.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch pro 2

firefighter1546 is a n00b

I use the candy skull 3.5mm earphones and they sound good on my touch pro 2 sweet bass?
Old 03-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tbolt - Bamf Remix 1.6 Oc'ed 1.3,DX - Apex 1.4
Carrier: Verizon

Padron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

why don't you try using coreplayer and adjust the 10 band EQ to your preference.
I got rid of my ipod touches years ago and all I use is the TP2 for all my music, what kind of headphones are they anyways, the price of the headphones shouldn't really matter all that much.
Even though i have bose in ear, shure 120's and the klipsch s4's i use the bose for the most part that rite there is over $300 in just headphones, and the best sounding ones are probably the Klipsch's because of there frequency. and they were the cheapest of them at around $80. i have had the $100 sony in ears and they sound pretty close to what the $25 sonys sound like, but then again that is sony headphones.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2