PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

knives of ice is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CAR CHARGERS - bought 2 neither works with touch pro 2.

ok, i have had the mogul then the touch pro. i have a retractable chord car charger which worked fine with both. it will not work with my touch pro 2, as soon as i plug it in it asks if i want to use it as a disc drive/open activesync, etc. so because of this i puchased:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

a usb charger for the car that seems to be plenty powerful, however i get the exact same message.

i'm using the mightyrom and i have no idea why these chargers won't work. can anyone direct me to a charger that will work and provide insight as to why these will not work?
Old 02-11-2010, 05:59 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Re: CAR CHARGERS - bought 2 neither works with touch pro 2.

could very well be mighty rom. im rockin it rite now. ill check mine.

5 min later...
no. it worked just fine on mine. plugged in and it started chargin. although my charger is from sprint, but its not made for the tp2. its just a generic usb car charger. it is accually made for a side mounting phone. it is an L shaped tip instead of strait for the bottom of the phone.

Last edited by austin420; 02-11-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I use this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

It charges at a full amp (same as if you're charing your phone from a wall outlet) so if you're running power intensive apps like GPS/Wifi Router/whatever, it still charges up instead of running down like you would with a trickle charge from most other 500 mA chargers
Old 02-11-2010, 06:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx > Treo 800w > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO

crazie.eddie is just getting started

I needed one right away, so I just went down to Walmart and bought a generic one. Seems to work fine.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

grandzu is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargrandzu is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargrandzu is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargrandzu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i used an old charger off the moto Q and it works fine charging the tp2.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:19 PM

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

what i like about the sprint one as opposeed to all the walmart or gas station ones, sprint does offer 1 year warranty on any accesory purchase. and i am super hard on chargers. i go through 2 or 3 a year. i spent 35.99 on my first one, and have had it replaced 3 times with no hassle.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I once researched this and believe it is a function of the output (amps) and also a function of the drain and the indicator... so if there is a low amp in modest amp out and an indicator with a moderate requirement to show a charge, nothing shows up, even if a charge might be trickling in....

Also my mogul car charger does not show a charge either.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Found this over at slickdeals. I haven't tried them yet, but for the price I sure am going to buy a couple....

Car chargers for $1.99 + Shipping Foryourcell.com is offering sample sales of variety of car chargers at $1.99 + Shipping. The coupon code is: "fycsample" and the coupon is good until the Feb. 28, 2010.
The link to the website is:
http://www.foryourcell.com/for-your-...sb-phones.html

Normally they are $14.99 so $13.00 off sounds great!
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

chevy454 is just getting started

something to think about...

when i got my tp, the salesman asked me which replaceable "tip" i had on my car charger...i told him a mini-usb, but said "which one?". i grabbed my charger, and it was an "a32" tip...he said my tp2 wouldnt like it, and gave me an "a53" tip...both were mini usb, but he said the tp2 require the a53. this guy had 3 tp's, and got a tp2 same time as me, and really knows his stuff, so evidently all mini-usbs arent created equal...?
Old 02-12-2010, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy454 View Post
something to think about...

when i got my tp, the salesman asked me which replaceable "tip" i had on my car charger...i told him a mini-usb, but said "which one?". i grabbed my charger, and it was an "a32" tip...he said my tp2 wouldnt like it, and gave me an "a53" tip...both were mini usb, but he said the tp2 require the a53. this guy had 3 tp's, and got a tp2 same time as me, and really knows his stuff, so evidently all mini-usbs arent created equal...?
i think thats only for detachable tip chargers. i know the only standard for usb is "a" or "b" but with no numbers. "a" has power and data and "b" has power only.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2