PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 01:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

Darrell262 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Weather Database Editor

Ok. I had a touch pro 1.

The weather database editor program worked awesome for adding my city and others.

TP2 doesnt like this program. I want to add citys and its not working

I even have a tp1 file already done with my citys installed but it won't let me copy it to the windows dir..

There must be a work around for adding citys on your phone right?

I installed MightRom and I got my city based on my gps, but when I try to edit/add a city it doesnt work anymore..
Old 02-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Weather Database Editor

try this all cities are included.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Conflipper_North_America_Weather_V5.cab (1.48 MB, 38 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:19 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Darrell262 is a n00b

Ok, I am reinstalling mightrom as when I try to run the weather editor program it screws up big time.

I'll try to run your cab and see if I can get my citys that way.

Thank you.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

SecretAgentMan is keeping up the good workSecretAgentMan is keeping up the good work

Drewcam,

Is Conflipper's DB still working for you? I had been using it for a while, but for the last week or so, I have been getting a data connection error for all cities except the one picked up by my location.

Reading through the Conflipper thread, I noticed that a while ago, he had issues with the site he uses. I know that his db uses a different url to pick up weather, and that was the site he had problems with. I know that was an issue a while back, but didn't see anything in the thread about recent problems.

Apparently, the weather will display fine for the area picked up by my location. You'll only get the error if you try to get the weather for one of your other cities.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Mr. Chevy

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

works for me. No issues.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:37 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Darrell262 is a n00b

Well, I installed that file, and I can pick the citys I need now and it seems to work. Mind you its god awful slow now to type in the name of the city. but I don't add citys that often and it is a large file.

Heres an intersting thing. When I use mightys weather thing that does a gps to find me. it tells me I am in Prince George, which is correct, But the weather temp is different?

On the home page it tells me its -6c here which is correct, but in the weather tab it tells me its -3c out which isn't correct. I tryed updating it but nothing happenes. lol

Oh well the other citys work and its not that big of a deal.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Mr. Chevy

dont forget the thanks button
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

piedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell262 View Post
Well, I installed that file, and I can pick the citys I need now and it seems to work. Mind you its god awful slow now to type in the name of the city. but I don't add citys that often and it is a large file.

Heres an intersting thing. When I use mightys weather thing that does a gps to find me. it tells me I am in Prince George, which is correct, But the weather temp is different?

On the home page it tells me its -6c here which is correct, but in the weather tab it tells me its -3c out which isn't correct. I tryed updating it but nothing happenes. lol

Oh well the other citys work and its not that big of a deal.
As someone stated above if the Conflipper db uses a different source for weather that could explain the difference. As long as its not 15 degrees dif its all good.

If I posted something thats helps don't forget to hit Thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:53 PM
N00b

688sea is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell262 View Post
Forever + a day lol, but like you I don't add cities very often and the tradeoff of having to wait a minute or two is well worth it. Thanks Drew...I'll press the button after I post this
Old 02-11-2010, 05:28 PM
N00b

688sea is a n00b

Hmmm, seems to have some problems with timezones for some reason.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2