PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you convinced that Manila 2.52011 IS AS FAST AS Manila 2.1
Already Knew about it & Using it 12 60.00%
Yes i Am..... 0 0%
Still not sure...Might Test it out 2 10.00%
Nope...It's still not as fast... 6 30.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Talking {BiGnAdAd Manila} Manila 2.52012 is AS FAST AS Manila 2.1 - FINALLY! Video Posted!

i have been using Manila 2.5 since i have been able to flash my touch pro 2. it has always been slower than manila 2.1, but i have stuck with it because of the features... well that has CHANGED.... with the newest version of Manila (2.52011) (ripped from topaz) it is just as fast and snappy as manila 2.1. i have been using since it was available last week and even after long periods it IS JUST AS FAST! i was so impressed i made a video of it on youtube.....

CHECK OUT VIDEO HERE TO SEE MANILA 2.52011 IN ACTION

this is off my Q&A located HERE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad

Q: What is the Fastest Manila Version for TP2
A: 2.52011 is the fastest manila i have seen on touch pro 2. this build must have completely redesigned everything, because it compares to speed of manila 2.1..... YES I SAID IT!!! AND ITS TRUE!!!
Need to send a quick sms..... NO MORE WAITING..... slide to sms/new/switch to landscape in a snap to use keyboard and sms is on its way...
Need to upload a quick pic to facebook.....NO MORE WAITING....slide to pics/click it/album comes up in a flash/upload to facebook...
Those are just a couple examples of things that i always waited on before when using pre manila 2.52011. and i know that a few seconds of waiting isnt the end of the world, but it adds up when you use your phone a lot....
The only other manila version i have seen quicker is 2.51921 (when energyROM used chainfire compression)
Even Windows Mobile is quicker. i guess because the manila is not demanding so much...

Old 02-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Re: {BiGnAdAd Manila} Manila 2.52011 is AS FAST AS Manila 2.1 - FINALLY! Video Posted

why would you use manila 2.1?
Old 02-09-2010, 11:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965
Re: {BiGnAdAd Manila} Manila 2.52011 is AS FAST AS Manila 2.1 - FINALLY! Video Posted

All I know is I need to try Energy's ROM, if that's your opinion. Every other 2.5 ROM I've tried is slower than the 2.1 version. Especially when sense launches after a soft reset.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:25 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmo1965 View Post
All I know is I need to try Energy's ROM, if that's your opinion. Every other 2.5 ROM I've tried is slower than the 2.1 version. Especially when sense launches after a soft reset.
it might be my opinion, but the video speaks for itself.....
Old 02-10-2010, 09:15 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Yeah I've tried the whole lot of 2.5 ROM's and I never experienced speed to a degree of not going back to 2.1, so I'm back on MM's 2.1 ROM and runnier as fast as always =)

Glad it worked out good for you though, I just couldn't find one without lag...

Old 02-10-2010, 09:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

I can second this for Mighty's War ROM also. It's as fast as any ROM I've used, including SSK, Calkulin, and both VZW Stock ROMs. It really blows away VZW 6.5.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)
Carrier: Sprint

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Not to rain on your parade, but some cooks older versions of sense ran just as fast as the new 2011. Not mentioning any names (dibbs, cough, cough)
Old 02-10-2010, 09:52 AM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide

I've been on JD's since Saturday, no lags and working MMS!
Old 02-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel/VerizOn

KillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldwide View Post
I've been on JD's since Saturday, no lags and working MMS!
Ive got to agree with you on this one., Ive been runnin his Latest ROM and its so fast that I havent even bothered into flashin any other ROMS. The ROm ver. is JD 2-8-10 release with manilla 2.5.20113030.0 OS build number 21887...6.5 of course.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

using the New EnergyROM 23541 with manila 2.52012 and its even faster than when i started this thread......just keeps getting better and better....

they call it a rhodium enhanced manila...... Great Speed!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2