PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 07:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

IsmaelPR1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Vzw TP2 Text Message Inbox Lags

I have been noticing an issue with my TP2, I am running the 6.5 Vzw ROM. I notice that when you send a text message and the program returns to the inbox at times it just hangs or freezes for a few seconds before being able to scroll through messages.

Has anyone else ever seen this happen?

"
Never regret anything that made you smile..."
Old 02-09-2010, 07:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Vzw TP2 Text Message Inbox Lags

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsmaelPR1 View Post
I have been noticing an issue with my TP2, I am running the 6.5 Vzw ROM. I notice that when you send a text message and the program returns to the inbox at times it just hangs or freezes for a few seconds before being able to scroll through messages.

Has anyone else ever seen this happen?
sounds like you just have them piling up and you need a fresh start with a hard reset.. you can try to delete the messages and such but usually a hard reset is needed to get rid of the lag that you are experiencing... you prolly experience it more when you slide the keyboard open and close i assume too correct? i have the vzw tp2 as well and have you thought about going with a custom rom by any chance?
Old 02-09-2010, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post
sounds like you just have them piling up and you need a fresh start with a hard reset.. you can try to delete the messages and such but usually a hard reset is needed to get rid of the lag that you are experiencing... you prolly experience it more when you slide the keyboard open and close i assume too correct? i have the vzw tp2 as well and have you thought about going with a custom rom by any chance?
Actually this is a fresh ROM, and I have actually tried several ROMS and I seem to get the same issue... Like when I send a text and I quickly hit the return key that brings me back to the message list, that's when I see it hang for a few seconds. It's always at that point that it hangs... Is it that I need to wait a few seconds after the message is sent before I return back to the message list? It's weird...
Old 02-09-2010, 10:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

lacklustre484 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsmaelPR1 View Post
Actually this is a fresh ROM, and I have actually tried several ROMS and I seem to get the same issue... Like when I send a text and I quickly hit the return key that brings me back to the message list, that's when I see it hang for a few seconds. It's always at that point that it hangs... Is it that I need to wait a few seconds after the message is sent before I return back to the message list? It's weird...
I'm having the same problem. If you reset the glyphcache and one of the other cache settings it fixes it, but at the cost of something else (which I can't remember cause that was 3 hard resets ago).
Old 02-10-2010, 12:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

sammyluva is a n00b

How do u reset the glyphcache? also does anyone else know what the other cache setting is as I am having the same problem.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacklustre484 View Post
I'm having the same problem. If you reset the glyphcache and one of the other cache settings it fixes it, but at the cost of something else (which I can't remember cause that was 3 hard resets ago).
I reset my caches and that seemed to alleviate the issue so it seems I will report back if it starts to happen again.

I used Advanced Config Tool to reset the caches but be careful because it also has a negative affect on call answering and data disconnect unless you know how to manually set the data disconnect registry settings.

Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2