PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 12:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sp

tp2tmus is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Data connection problems

Hello,

My phone has a hard time establishing a data connection about half the time I try. It just tries to connect and won't give up - I can't cancel it to retry until it decides that it can finally connect.

Once established, it is often hard to disconnect. I try to manually close the connection and the WM 6.5 spinning logo just spins but never disconnects. It requires a soft reset to get the "spinning" logo to go away.

Does anybody else have this problem? Is there a fix for it?

Last edited by tp2tmus; 02-09-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sp
Threadstarter

tp2tmus is a n00b
Re: Data connection problems

if its of any help, its a tmobile phone with the official 6.5.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

what does it say in:

HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings > SuspendResume

???
Old 02-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular

WBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I think if I am correct that typically even though its enabled or even disabled, from anytime you start up the device the data connection will be off essentially till the first time something calls for a connection. And show as such on the icon for this on the Today page.

In that time you can go into the connection properties and shut it on an off via the switch and it will stick, (although unless you have it hacked in the reg properly its not really off).

But then once any connection is made it will show like its connected and stay that way and show that for the icon, and will revert back to on if you try to switch it off in the properties until, like you stated, it gets shut off and on again.

Btw I believe even though it shows that it is connected, if something isn't trying to work via the data connection, then you aren't using any data.

This at least is the way it works on my TP2 which is a Verizon TP2 with the stock 6.1 ROM.

Btw if you do happen to have it switched off in the properties as that is what you did before it has made any connections, again, unless you have it hack for off in the reg to stay off, it will automatically be switched on once it makes any calls for any data.

In a way you can think of it as really no matter what you do with that switch or what it shows, data is always available, (again, unless you have it switch to off via the reg).

Last edited by WBFAir; 02-10-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Spring

mp3ster is a n00b

just try a simple re-program... ive seen this happen on VZW tp's and tp2's. usually a reprogram and a soft reset does the trick...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2