PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
1/1/2011 Calendar Weirdness

I got a notification on my TP2 that property taxes were due today. WTF? Property taxes are due Nov. 1. So I looked on my desktop and my hosted exchange account OWA, which should all be in sync. Outlook and OWA do not show the same notification in the calendar for today.

I search outlook for "property tax" and come up with my recurring reminder, set back in 2006, that occurs "every November 1 effective 11/1/2006". Navigate to that date and sure enough on the desktop, there's the calendar entry.

I'm thinking the phone is seeing the "11/1" and thinking since it's "1/1/11" it misplaced the reminder on my today screen (I use the old 6.1 style today screen, not TF3D or Titanium). I navigate to Nov. 1 2010 on the TP2 and the entry is missing.

Wife suggested maybe I had snoozed it for 2 months, but that's not the case. On the phone it actually shows the item today in the calendar and shows it as a recurring event every January 1. Completely wrong and not in sync with my outlook or OWA calendars.

Weird!
Old 01-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

It seems like every January 1st, the calendar bugs appear.

Last edited by demonlordoftheround; 01-01-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: 1/1/2011 Calendar Weirdness

At least we're not getting text messages from 2017 this time around!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
At least we're not getting text messages from 2017 this time around!
LOL yea I was just about to say that. however at the new year I did notice that my TP2 randomly started roaming so I soft resetted to fix it after everything else didn't fix it,got back up and couldn't send or receive texts soft resetted again and all is well now.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus
I got a notification on my TP2 that property taxes were due today. WTF? Property taxes are due Nov. 1. So I looked on my desktop and my hosted exchange account OWA, which should all be in sync. Outlook and OWA do not show the same notification in the calendar for today.

I search outlook for "property tax" and come up with my recurring reminder, set back in 2006, that occurs "every November 1 effective 11/1/2006". Navigate to that date and sure enough on the desktop, there's the calendar entry.

I'm thinking the phone is seeing the "11/1" and thinking since it's "1/1/11" it misplaced the reminder on my today screen (I use the old 6.1 style today screen, not TF3D or Titanium). I navigate to Nov. 1 2010 on the TP2 and the entry is missing.

Wife suggested maybe I had snoozed it for 2 months, but that's not the case. On the phone it actually shows the item today in the calendar and shows it as a recurring event every January 1. Completely wrong and not in sync with my outlook or OWA calendars.

Weird!
Turn your device off.
Change and update your calendar with your PC with the correct dates. Then turn your device back on and re-sync with your calendar and see if everything is corrected.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Turn your device off.
Change and update your calendar with your PC with the correct dates. Then turn your device back on and re-sync with your calendar and see if everything is corrected.
I will try turning off and on but note from my OP that both the PC Outlook and OWA are correct. It is only the TP2 that is wrong. Unless you mean something else by updating my calendar with the PC?
Old 01-02-2011, 01:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

So rebooting did not help, nor did re-syncing from activesync with Exchange. I'll see if it fixes itself tomorrow and decide if it needs further troubleshooting then.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:13 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus
So rebooting did not help, nor did re-syncing from activesync with Exchange. I'll see if it fixes itself tomorrow and decide if it needs further troubleshooting then.
Try turning your TP2 completely off. Then open your calendar on your pc and check all your entries to make sure they are correct. Then add a new entry to your calendar while still on your pc. Then save and exit. Then wait a min or two. Then turn your TP2 back on and re-sync to your calendar and see if it corrects the dates on your TP2.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

So this morning the calendar entry was still wrong. So I went to the PC and edited the recurring event, changing it from a 1-day event starting at 12:00am to a 0 minute event starting at 8am. Then I synced using the cable. The appointment then showed up on the TP2 as a 1-day event starting at 12:00am November 1 (it is one step behind my PC, since that is how the appointment should have appeared before I changed it to 8am). I did edit the entire series on the PC.

Then I deleted the entire series on the PC, re-created it as a 0 minute event starting at 8am on November 1, and re-synced. Now the appointment shows up as 8am on the PC and 7am on the TP2, for the past (Nov. 2010) and future (Nov. 2011) events.

I might be missing a DST update on this phone as I've hard reset recently and I seem to recall there was a patch, so I suppose at least the appointment issue itself is fixed.

Edit: DST update from Microsoft fixed it after a re-sync.

Last edited by haus; 01-02-2011 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

skidogger is a n00b

Where did you get the DST update? I'm in the same boat. Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
calendar, outlook, wrong date