PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i760
Carrier: vzw

rbyham is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ditched the TouchFlo and happy am I crazy?

Have had the TP2 for about 3 months. Love the phone. Formerly had Samsung i760 and so was well aquainted with WM. After three months with TouchFlo, the other day I unchecked it in the Today settings. To be honest, I love being back to what feels like a much more direct way to access the vast capabilities of this phone. To say nothing of recovering massive amounts of memory and thus speed. I am more a utilitarian guy when it comes to phones but to be honest I miss none of the sexiness of TouchFlo at this point. Am I nuts? Any thoughts on what I might eventually "miss"? Thanks.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Ditched the TouchFlo and happy am I crazy?

i don't think i can ever go back to the classic today screen... wayy too old school for me. im running sense 2.5 and it's awesome for my day to day activities. sometimes i use mobile shell 3.5.x just to switch things up.

so yes, i think you're crazy.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

firefurby is keeping up the good workfirefurby is keeping up the good work

I don't think you're crazy man. I've ditched Touchflo for Titanium multiple times. I agree that Touchflo is a little bit more for looks that utility, but it's nice to have every once in awhile. Especially when some iPhone toting fanboy tries hate on your phone. "Oh what's that? You have 5 screens of just icons. That's a nice program launcher, but I have all of this along with that"
Old 02-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I was using the classic when I first got my Touch Pro 1 and in the end I decided TouchFlo was actually better for me.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I turn off touchflo sometimes , but find the old school screen to be to plain and boring. It do speed it up tho without the ram hoggin' tf3d in action. I prefer mobile shell to having nothing and it has much less of a ram imprint on my tp2's operations. So I tend to go back and forth.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

gcianc is becoming a great contributor

TF3D/Sense s a memory/resource pig. I really cant see how people use it productively.

Titanium is super fast, saves a bunch of RAM and is actually easer to use. Plus you don't get all those annoying accidental dials due to the lame recent calls setup where clicking dials without a prompt.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i760
Threadstarter

rbyham is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Thanks folks... maybe it wold have helped to clarify I am VZW stock in all things. I feel affirmed in not being crazy I have no interest in competing with my Iphone friends except in speed and getting work done where I kick their butt. I am a business user and so getting the job done (make calls, set up and keep appointments, email, skype International, texting, etc.) are the key pieces that I found TouchFlo actually slowing me down on... Forget the finger swipe... the windos hard button gets me everywhere I wanna go on this phone in one completely predictable move. So for now I am back to classic and lovin it. But just to prove that I am human and so NEVER satisfied, I am starting to wonder how WM 6.5 may have changed/improved that classic look
Old 02-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

userme is a n00b

tf3d and sense ui are crappy and slow. I ditch it just to get the speed. I don't care about the look. I want speed.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I find myself still using HTC Home quite often. Very light and everything is right there.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 02-07-2010, 01:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

with my tp1 i had no choice but to turn off tf3d ... it slowed that phone down soooooo much .. with my tp2 i noticed it functioned alot better & from being bored twice gave spb m.s a try but never again the versions i had were wayyyy to buggy & even tho i accepted it as a norm with my tp1, soft resets multiple times a day isnt a liking of mine. as of now tf3d it is till something better comes along for me

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2