PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 06:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe
Re: Ditched the TouchFlo and happy am I crazy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpot View Post
I like this idea...but do you have a working link? I can't seem to find one. Also, this works on CDMA phones, yes?
I have one linked in my sig that I had packaged together awhile ago.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe View Post
I have one linked in my sig that I had packaged together awhile ago.
Banzai, it is your cabs that I still use! Used on my Diamond, Touch Pro, and now Touch Pro2. Thanks again!

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 02-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

You're not crazy my friend. I've ditched Titanium and TouchFlo. I use Mobile Shell only because I can't find any of the old school stuff I used to use for the regular today screen that works on the TP2 because of its resolution.

When I launch something, it's supposed to do exactly that, LAUNCH. Not boot, load, or take it's time.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:15 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

after the 2nd day i had my tp2, i turned tf3d off. im also a utilitarian by nature and dont have patience to swipe through all the tabs. thats why i had my 7 most used items in start menu in classic view. but i also want to utilize all the features of my phone. and since tf3d is a RAM hog, i went SPB. way way less on use of memory and i can have the droid feel of having up to 5 home screens. plus i can add a widget for all the apps i use on my main home screen. and the rest of the other home screens, to show off on weekends

so IMHO...not crazy at all.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

Last edited by Mojary; 02-07-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Chimits is a n00b

I had ditched touch flow for standard windows mobile on Verizon 6.1 also however once I did the flash to 6.5 HTC Sense works better and straight windows mobile seems a little doggy
Old 02-07-2010, 10:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

wirecutter is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (XV6875 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

I'm on the 6.1 rom.I ditched tf after a few weeks. It's pretty but the old school Today screen is way more functional.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X

well my first wm phone was the tp1 and I didn't get into custom roms for while so that is what I got used to. I tried titanium for a little while and didn't like it. I don't think I would like the phone very much if tf3d was taken away.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint (HTC) Touch 2

Bulldog46208 is just getting started

I've had my Sprint TP2 for three months. Although it took me a couple days to warm up to TF3D, I really do like it and prefer it over the Today Screen. It is not more functional than the Today Screen. From my use of the Sprint TP2, it is not laggy with the TF3D. Last week, I stopped by the Verizon store to try the TP2 and the phone in the store was laggy. I'm not sure why one phone is laggy and the other is not.

To the Original Poster's question, is he crazy? No, please do what you like best.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X

The stock TP2 rom on spring actually runs very very smooth in my opinion. WM 6.5 sucks for speed compare to 6.1. Only reason I use 6.5 is cause that is what mighty uses and I'm used to it now and I like being able to customize everything so I put up with it. I feel like 6.1 is windows xp and 6.5 is vista without a service pack.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: E-Plus

blowy666 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
after the 2nd day i had my tp2, i turned tf3d off. im also a utilitarian by nature and dont have patience to swipe through all the tabs. thats why i had my 7 most used items in start menu in classic view. but i also want to utilize all the features of my phone. and since tf3d is a RAM hog, i went SPB. way way less on use of memory and i can have the droid feel of having up to 5 home screens. plus i can add a widget for all the apps i use on my main home screen. and the rest of the other home screens, to show off on weekends

so IMHO...not crazy at all.

You can use up to EIGHT homescreens...!

When you select to use Lifesyle AND Professional Style, then you can use 5 Lifestyle-Screens by swyping left and right....and when you swype up or down, you will come to the Professional screens...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2