PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 05:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sfld is keeping up the good worksfld is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New mighty rom?

I upgraded to the newest mighty rom.... Coming from a previous mighty rom maybe one of the first ones. I loaded it up, did a hard reset, did the carrier provisioning thing for sprint, it installed a carrier cab. The internet works on the phone, but next to the bar signal meter theres an x... and i cant load the phone app or try dialing a number out.

Do i need to do another hard reset then provision the phone? im not sure why but when i load up the carrier commit screen its on telus by default
Old 02-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro2: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

First ask in the mightyrom thread. Second, you installed a custom taskbar. which if it hasn't been fixed will break many things like volume and youtube. The X is because you don't have a sim card in...

So,
ask in the right thread
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.

Last edited by MordyT; 02-09-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: New mighty rom?

No custom task bar installed. No sim card needed on sprint since it was only unlocked to load custom roms not to switch between gsm and what not. The previous mighty rom showed my signal bars, and yet i never touched the sim thats in there, which im guessing is a dummy sim
Old 02-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro2: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Since it won't save an update/edit....

search
uninstall your taskbar
OR insert a SIM

This is a common issue..
Old 02-09-2010, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Just did a hard reset again, now i got bars, however i just commited back to sprint via the provisioning app so lets see what that does
Old 02-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfld
No custom task bar installed. No sim card needed on sprint since it was only unlocked to load custom roms not to switch between gsm and what not. The previous mighty rom showed my signal bars, and yet i never touched the sim thats in there, which im guessing is a dummy sim
It doesn't matter if it was unlocked for gsm or not...if you have anything modifing the tasbar, that will cause it...
Old 02-09-2010, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

k it worked after a hard reset

/thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2