PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 01:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

AdamD81 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SMS/MMS Message Sent Notification

Ok, I tried the cab file again, still didn’t fix it… A Verizon thing maybe?

I honestly want to take my phone back cause of this message, it drives me insane! I’ve tried several different registry fixes, cab files, and changing all kinds of settings and have had no luck getting rid of that little pop up notification!!! If anyone else has any other ideas I will try them!

Thank you!
Old 02-06-2010, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

AdamD81 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
This is the correct key, you need to change it to a '2' and not a '1' or '0' to get rid of the popup notification. After changing it, soft reset and it should go away. I've attached a cab that will make the change for you as well, you'll still need to soft reset to see the effects.
It worked!!!!
OMG I LOOOOOOVE YOU!!!! xoxoxo <3 =D>
Old 02-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

webbii is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
try one of these maybe.
After installing the cab to disable sms notification , will there be any notification if the SMS FAILED TO SEND??
Old 02-06-2010, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

AdamD81 is a n00b

Yes, if the SMS or MMS fail to send you will still get the error message. This only disables the Sent notification.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

That looks annoying as hell. I wonder why they changed it from the notification to the actual message box. Yuck.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Noobsauce
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

CellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
try one of these maybe.
I installed the zmark SMS messages as read fix.cab on a customers phone today to fix the unread message count. It did not work so I tried to uninstall it and it is not in the add/remove programs. Now he cannot text at all. Incoming is fine, outgoing gives him an error. Of course I found this out after he left the store. I am scrambling to find a fix for this without doing a hard reset. If I were at home I could tear about this .cab to see what it installs so I can reverse it. If anyone has a fix for this or could quick reverse engineer this dumb thing and recab it up for me I would greatly appreciate it.
how about, "superholyshitohmygodseriouslyyouguyslookatthis*** *ingmasterpieceivecreated"?
Old 02-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

sammyluva is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellguyn91 View Post
I installed the zmark SMS messages as read fix.cab on a customers phone today to fix the unread message count. It did not work so I tried to uninstall it and it is not in the add/remove programs. Now he cannot text at all. Incoming is fine, outgoing gives him an error. Of course I found this out after he left the store. I am scrambling to find a fix for this without doing a hard reset. If I were at home I could tear about this .cab to see what it installs so I can reverse it. If anyone has a fix for this or could quick reverse engineer this dumb thing and recab it up for me I would greatly appreciate it.
Ok guys im having the count issue. I am running the vzw stock 6.5. Does anyone have a cab that will fix this and not mess up the sms. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-10-2010, 01:57 AM
Noobsauce

CellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyluva View Post
Ok guys im having the count issue. I am running the vzw stock 6.5. Does anyone have a cab that will fix this and not mess up the sms. Thanks in advance!
I found one that works without breaking anything. Its not a cab...you dont even install it to the phone. Just put on your SD card and run from there, it checks all forms of messaging and fixes any errors in the registry for you.

Crap: It's on my work computer... I will post in the morning
Old 02-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyluva View Post
The cab you're looking for is called "fixunreadcount." I have it but can't post it seeing as I'm at work. I think someone posted it in Mighty's WAR thread near the end.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:17 AM
Noobsauce

here you go.
Attached Files
File Type: zip fixunreadcount.zip (3.5 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2