PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 08:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nuffstylez is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Messenging Format Sucks, Help

Hi, I was wondering if there was a cab or something that I could install that would get rid of the whole HTC Messenging format and go back to the original Windows format. Tried a couple of roms, using energyrom right now and the HTC messenging client is killing me. any input would be helpful
Old 02-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: HTC Messenging Format Sucks, Help

Install this cab and you'll get exactly what you're looking for (as long as you're running sense 2.1)
Old 02-04-2010, 08:13 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

nuffstylez is a n00b

Thanks bro, but I'm liking sense 2.5, is there one for that? Please tell me yes
Old 02-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/800w/HTC TP/TP2/HD2
Carrier: Sprint/Tmobile

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Improve
Thumbs up Re: HTC Messenging Format Sucks, Help

Or you can try this cab, it works for Sense 2.1 and 2.5, I love HTC messaging. I have not run into any issues with HTC messaging since December 2009 with any roms after I started installing the Ziggy 2016 Fix.cab (1.3 KB).

It obviously fixes the 2016 text issue but for those not running stock roms it also ensures your messages are delivered in order of time sent/received.

IF you are still having issues with your HTC Messaging then install Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1[1].2.CAB (21.7 KB).

And if by chance you want it back reinstall the cab, which will remove the cab (or uninstal it) and reload it, then soft reset. I found this works for me by simply disabling THC messaging and then re-enabling, then soft resetting makes it work without any issues. I have found this to work for me.

In any casec its the cab that will Disable it. Good luck.

Also before you install any of the cabs erase all you current texts and soft reset after every install.

Last edited by Improve; 02-04-2010 at 08:30 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:36 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

nuffstylez is a n00b

thank you for the cabs. i tried the zenyee cab but it had weird effects, it didnt disable htc messenging completely. some parts of the htc messenging was still there. i just want it gone and just have the original windows messenging client. thanks for the help though.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Also have you tried Mighty's Rom he uses 2.1 and only uses very stable applications. I believe he does not use HTC messaging or altleast leaves out the unstable parts of it.

I use mainly Juicy and NRGZ28's roms. but my wife who prefers a more stable rom usualy sticks with miighty and she never has any issues with messaging. Just some more info incase that helps.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sensation 4G

tacotoy is becoming a great contributor

im with you.... the HTC messaging in 2.1 was ok because it was only in senseUI. if you wanted to use pocketoutlook you could just click on all messages. the client in 2.5 blows and while you can get to pocketoutlook still there is no threading.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:50 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

nuffstylez is a n00b

yeah i tried his rom, then messed with NRGZ28's rom with the 2.5 and fell in love with the sense 2.5 and dont want to go back
Old 02-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Do any of the above cabs gets me back to the TP1 text mssging system for stock Sprint 2.1?
Old 02-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

The Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1[1].2.CAB disables it, however as some people have stated it may not or does not disable all aspects, I have heard many people say this. Give it a try though it worked for me when I needed it. You can always unistall and soft reset your device if its not what you where looking for.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2