PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 12:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

vaelon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Slow data speeds

Figured I'd ask about this issue. When I am using NRG's ROM, my download speeds aren't really that fast. If I use MalRom, my download speeds are MUCH much faster. Anybody have any idea what could cause this?
Old 02-03-2010, 01:15 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff
Re: Slow data speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaelon View Post
Figured I'd ask about this issue. When I am using NRG's ROM, my download speeds aren't really that fast. If I use MalRom, my download speeds are MUCH much faster. Anybody have any idea what could cause this?
I'd say where you are when you're using the two different ROMs
Old 02-03-2010, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

vaelon is a n00b

Always at the same spot, which is at my desk at work. I've actually done benchmarks lol. I'll flash back to MalRom and download a 30meg file, and then flash to NRG and download the same one and there is a noticeable difference. I don't know if it has anything to do with the version of the radio between the two roms, if they are even different radios.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaelon View Post
Always at the same spot, which is at my desk at work. I've actually done benchmarks lol. I'll flash back to MalRom and download a 30meg file, and then flash to NRG and download the same one and there is a noticeable difference. I don't know if it has anything to do with the version of the radio between the two roms, if they are even different radios.
interesting. well there could be differences but not the radio. the radio is not flashed when you change roms. that's a seperate process. So if you go from malrom to nrg, the radio stays the same unless you flash another radio as well. I do think there can be differences between roms though. How the chefs sets up the TCP/IP settings, tcp window size, number of connections in IE, etc may impact this. You can check some of these setting using HD tweak comparing these settings in each rom. Number 9 in HD tweaks shows the tcp/ip settings and number 13 shows IE settings. Also, there is another cap that will let you change the tcp windows size which some claim will increase/decrease your data throughput. I will attach the cabs for both. Let me know what you find out
Attached Files
File Type: cab HD Tweak 0.5.4_English.cab (419.6 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab tcptune.ppc2002.arm.cab (35.0 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2